cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any info on Vintage leather belt with stones

Hello,

Need any information about this lovely vintage leather belt. It looks handcrafted. I recognize the "Fools Gold" or pyrite stones that are actually on the elephant. Any info on the stones used for the eyes, center stone or metal used for the "staples" would be great. Any additional information or thoughts are much appreciated. I believe this is from the 1960-70's. No markings. Thank you for paying it forward!

Also posted under stones and metals..hope this was the right way to do this. Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Very interesting..

The eyes are tough but perhaps Hematite? Is it a gunmetal color & opaque? 

I believe the large stone is Lace Agate.. 

Brass is pretty common in that type of artistic belt- but it's difficult to say for certain. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you! Yes that description matches the eyes! Any thoughts on value?
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@frockonclothing wrote:
Thank you! Yes that description matches the eyes! Any thoughts on value?

I wish I had a clue, unfortunately I don't..

Fear not, others will be along & give some input..

May take a day or two but they'll come..

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Always say the same thing...  and don't mean to be flippant but...  it's worth what someone will pay for it.  The shape is 1970s.  Size are going to be important here as, in general, women have gotten larger over the years.   You'll need to measure and determine if small, medium, or large.  If small, you'll have a harder time finding a market.

Debora

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

This belt is very similiar.   The seller describes it as "1970s statement belt, vintage leather and stone inlay patchwork belt" and is asking $350 for it.  IMO, that's a bit agressive as it can't be attributed to a specific designer.  In fact, it like yours appears to be an import from India.

Debor

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you! So helpful. Really appreciate it!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you! Appreciate your honesty..
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Happy to be of help.

Debora

Message 9 of 9
latest reply