cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTHENTICATION HELP needed for Chanel fur/faux fur Vest.

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if I could get help on these forums about whether or not this vest is an authentic Chanel piece.

Any info on the piece would also be appreciated like what season, retail price, etc etc.

Please see the attatched pictures.

Screenshot_2017-08-18-14-54-51-1.pngScreenshot_2017-08-18-14-54-53-1.pngScreenshot_2017-08-18-14-54-56-1.pngScreenshot_2017-08-18-14-55-00-1.pngScreenshot_2017-08-18-14-54-30-1.pngScreenshot_2017-08-18-14-54-33-1.pngScreenshot_2017-08-18-14-54-37-1.png

I appreciate your time.

Thank you very much.

Wishing you wellness,

TH

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

With respect, this is not a guessing game and basically every responder has told you it's a fake. You don't need more responders and it's time for you to waste $7.50 on a pro if you feel you do. I've always been happy using authenticate4u and Enticeler only does Chanel.

You can also look up boardie history to see that all who have responded are knowledgeable,

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Here's a helpful resource for you.  You can compare the logo on your vest with genuine CHANEL logos here.

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/chanel/

Debora

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi debora, cheers for the reply.

I've seen and used this resource before but I still can't truly tell, thats why I tried my luck here.

The closest one on that page to this one's tag is probably the "late 1980s rtw blouse" one..? Still very inconclusive to me though 😞

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I can't imagine Chanel making anything remotely close to that thing.

The font on the label is incorrect.

I vote for fake.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Sorry but it is definitely, no question counterfeit. The tag, font and sizing are not used by Chanel.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Noted. Would be happy to hear from more ppl who agree or disagree. Thank you V M.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Noted. Would be happy to hear from more ppl who agree or disagree. Thank you V M.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

With respect, this is not a guessing game and basically every responder has told you it's a fake. You don't need more responders and it's time for you to waste $7.50 on a pro if you feel you do. I've always been happy using authenticate4u and Enticeler only does Chanel.

You can also look up boardie history to see that all who have responded are knowledgeable,

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@seowtihian

Trust me when I tell you that jsales KNOWS Chanel!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Gotcha gotcha and thanks mr river runs through it.

I don't post on these boards under normal circumstances and don't know to look at boardie history. No offense taken, thank you for the info. Didn't even know authenticate4u existed, nor what Enticeler is.

Have a good one people.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Good that you're using the boards but if you don't look up the history of the posters then responses mean nothing.

I gave you two well respected professional authenticators whose names you should keep should you need a pro in the future. You can look them up online. In this particular case using either would respectfully be a waste of money.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Great, thank you for the advice.

And thank you for take the time to deal with a newbie to the boards and using the ebay community for authentications sake.

Wishing you wellness

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Most of us are happy to help and the more you use the boards the more you'll become familiar with the various experts who donate their time here. 

Not all, but many designer labels have boardies who will help w authentications. Just remember that authentications here are not recognized by ebay.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply