cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tired of variable pricing. It's Bait and Switch

Bait and Switch is the new norm at eBay.

Search for a screen protector (or anything!!) for your favorite cell phone.  Sort by Lowest price.  Buy it Now only,   Free Shipping.  You're gonna purchase this now, and you want the best deal.

What's in your Search results?  99 cents to $55.  over and over and over again.  I don't even see the 1 or 2 dollar entires.

And guess which one the item you want is.  It's $55.

They throw an anti-static wipe in a drop down for 99 cents or a screen protector for an iPhone 4, just to show up in your Lowest price, Buy it Now listing.

You can't even filter it out to show $0 to $5 because the 99 cent piece of felt is in that dollar range!!

This is wasting my time.  It's unethical.  and it's Bait and Switch.  And I firmly believe eBay needs to fix this.

Give us a switch to turn this stupid thing off in our search results.  I have not seen a proper, legitimate use of this feature yet.

I just saw an Amazon ad for 2 screen protectors for $4.  I'll pay more to not waste my time.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I just wanted to do a quick reply as a seller. This seems to be fairly new in the last year or so and something amazon does and it's stupid and confusing for the buyer. It also makes sellers look bad. We have had numerous complaints from buyers asking why we would advertise free shipping and then when they click on an item it shows they have to pay shipping. I feel like as a seller having to explain that we have no control over what ebay is doing, is unfair to the seller and the buyer, not to mention unethical on eBays behalf. We always encourage buyers who email asking why, to email eBay and complain to them and tell them how crooked and unethical it is.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I've used eBay for 15 years or so and it seems to me they're become more shady and way more annoying than they used to be. It's not pleasant to shop on here -- too much visual junk and too many dubious tactics. I don't trust them. And the shipping charges are getting to be more than the items!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply