cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage/Antique light bulbs

Is there anyone out there that can help identifying 2 old, old lightbulbs?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Can you post pictures?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have no idea if either of these have any value or are even worth listing. They were found when cleaning out an elderly neighbor's shed. Both filaments at the top appear intact. The bottom of the filaments are different however.

#1 is about 10" and is marked on the top..

6000L

405w

GE

125V

Group Replacement

#2 has no markings but the top has a swirl where I guess a tip would have been.

Again, thanks in advance,

Starmount1 (Judy)

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

These may be vintage but don't seem special, the first one is fairly common, the second elongated one is harder to place but would guess it was used in an industrial fixture like the other. Can you post the dimension of the diameter of the bulbs? pert the bulb on the table between 2 boxes the measure between them.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The first one is 5" diameter, the 2nd is 3".

Thanks for the response by the way! 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

They look like they have very heavy filaments, and 400W is a lot of energy for a bulb. I would guess they were made for industrial use,  commercial lighting, or maybe even a traffic signal (I used to have one, and it used  1000W bulbs, but I'm sure they came in various wattages). But I couldn't guess anything more specific.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks! Someone had said they thought the larger was used for street lamps back when which would make sense. I may just take some better pics and start at least the big one out fairly cheap and see what happens. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply