cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling previously locked iPhone that I had AT&T unlock

I am selling a pair of iPhone 6's that I purchased from AT&T a couple years ago, and thus were locked to AT&T. I filled out the form for AT&T to unlock them, and the requests went through (though I don't have new SIM cards to put in them).

Does this mean I can accurately list the phones as unlocked? Or is that terminology meant for phones that were originally factory unlocked? I want to make sure I accurately describe the phones, so I don't send someone something they aren't expecting.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and good morning,  hope the following helps,,,, once your phone is paid in full or off lease your carrier will provide the unlock code thus once unlocked the phone will work with most phone carrier's , if you have done the unlock procedure thru AT&T and you know they in fact both are unloccked you can sell them as preowned unlocked phones, make sure you list the carrier because most not all buyers want to stick with the phone and carrier as for it was part of the network.. good luk Sigs70

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hello and good morning,  hope the following helps,,,, once your phone is paid in full or off lease your carrier will provide the unlock code thus once unlocked the phone will work with most phone carrier's , if you have done the unlock procedure thru AT&T and you know they in fact both are unloccked you can sell them as preowned unlocked phones, make sure you list the carrier because most not all buyers want to stick with the phone and carrier as for it was part of the network.. good luk Sigs70

Message 2 of 2
latest reply