cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller stalking me in email

Seller sold 2 items of which one was defective. he refunded me 1/2 of the money. on the review  he is angry I did not give him 5 stars whatever, but I just stated the facts. Seller should check the charge on his batteries before selling them as I received a defective battery and I tried everything before contacting seller who seems to think it's my fault that I don't know how to operate it. other battery works fine. I did not give a good review nor a bad review. I don't think a seller should receive a glowing review for having refunded buyers money on a defective item. My question is why is the seller so persistent and sent me 3 or 4 items asking me to give him a good review? Is he in trouble with Ebay now and can't sell there anymore just because of this one incident? I think not. I told him simply to check his batteries before sending. Now he is coming into my dream trying to kill me....geez....I'm sure he didn't do it on intention, but I don't want other people to buy his batteries without knowing they may be taking a chance on getting a defective one, and even if the refund comes easy, you still should know, and there should be a notation up front, you could get a defective product and have to seek redress. if it's normal, whatever.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Also whenever I need to buy batteries I go through a long vetting process with potential sellers and always make it a point to select a seller whose only business is batteries and not just a drop shipper who never sees the product.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
I personally would not have negged your seller esp since they took care of the problem quickly. In this case, I would have left them a positive with maybe a 3 star on item described.
If it were me I'd ask the seller for a feedback revision request.

Your seller is not big enough to absorb too many negatives before eBay will inflict extreme sanctions on their account, getting knocked back in search or just having listings disappear in the search altogether are some of the consequences of a few negs. So yes a single neg can cost a small seller thousands of dollars.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

it may not be altogether the sellers fault. time and again I buy these batteries from ebay and 2 out of 5 sales, the batteries don't last very long.  they come from China and the public is not being informed that you cannot trust these batteries. so I think sellers buy in bulk as it's so cheap that way. and just dumping these batteries on the public as they don't want to test them if there's tons and tons. it's a buyer beware thing.  I think I did give the guy a 3 anyway. and I pointed out he refunded. that's as positive as I can do.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Batteries are tricky to buy on eBay, unfortunately, by the time you find out you have a diminished capacity battery, it is too late to do anything.

I will say one thing and that is most batteries need to be stored and kept at an optimal charge depending on their chemistry. A brand new dead battery is a bad sign and will surely suffer by not having the capacity or number of recharge cycles available.

The type of battery you bought has some integrated electronics which may have shut the unit off.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Also whenever I need to buy batteries I go through a long vetting process with potential sellers and always make it a point to select a seller whose only business is batteries and not just a drop shipper who never sees the product.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

yes I shouldn't just buy according to how cheap I can get it. good point about vetting process. thanks, will immediately implement more research when shopping. I don't need a seller popping in all the time asking for a thumbs up if I figure they already got my opinion.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

these batteries have a button feature. hit it 5 times to go on or off. in this case I explained to the buyer, the feature just flashed red and thats all it would do. while the other battery has an all day charge on it and I kept that one. it would simply not charge up. he must not be aware of these problems as and be a new seller of this thing. because he said I should find someone who can repair it. and too bad. a $10 battery is not worth the trouble to repair when theres millions of them out there to buy. I've had batteries that can be recharged for a full year, in the beginning of this industry. so I know everyone is trying to get rich by mass producing them in China. Anyway, will find a seller whom I can deal with again and again, I guess instead of buying any old cheap one off Ebay. I hate busting someone's dream of making money, but I think I just did that. thanks for reply. oh well. research is on.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I agree with the aspect of some sellers not being able to absorb a negitive.  I have have several situations where I have wanted to slam a seller due to something that was said or done but when I thought back i realized that some of the fault was with me and decided not to slam them although my feedback was more general.  Also, with a seller with 100% percent feedback I put more trust into our conversations than a seller that has several recent negitive feedbacks.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply