cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVERB.COM ADS ON EBAY SHOULD BE BANNED!

HELLO EBAY USERS AND OFFICERS

I'm starting this discussion today regarding some Ads that I see on eBay that I find objectionable.

The Ads I find objectionable are those from REVERB.COM.

I believe these Ads should be banned on eBay because REVERB.COM is not a trustworthy shopping site, yet the Ads that they have on eBay.com seem to suggest and give the impression that they are a trustworthy site for shopping.

I have had nothing but bad and fraudulent experiences as a buyer on REVERB.COM. I don't think it's a website worthy of having Ads on eBay.  

Ebay has earned a certain level of "trust" with the public.

Reverb.com, however, is filled with scammers and fraudulent sellers.

Yet, it's so easy to click an Ad while shopping on eBay.com and wind up redirected to Reverb.com.

The site seems like its a safe place to shop. However, I can tell you, from personal experience, it is NOT A SAFE PLACE TO SHOP.

And good luck with their "Protection". When they finally decide to step in, you'll be so enraged that you'll never want to deal with such dishonest people ever again.

I hope eBay corporate folks read this and rethink taking Ad money from Reverb.com and other questionable marketplaces that don't hold Sellers accountable quite the way eBay does. 

The more I see Reverb.com Ads on ebay, the less likely I will be shopping on eBay.com from here forward. 

b1uesman44

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That is such **bleep**.I've been doing business and selling with Reverb for years and yes it hasn't been perfect, but for the most part it has been great.Who hired you to write this hit piece ?Ebay ?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You dont know what your talking about.You are taking a huge risk dealing with Reverb.They ARE dishonest as the day is long.They make rules up as they go along.The should have the FBI go in and take all their computers because they are that bad.They will go under soon enough.They have made a LOT of enemies.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If Reverb was so honest then why don't they have an office ?Why do they hide up in highly secured wall street like war room ?Ebay has an office.Mabey because the Reverb CEO made his millions off of wall st ?

Reverb is corrupt as the day is long and artist should boycott this fraudulent enterprise.They are swindlers and a scam.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Do you always argue with yourself?

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay personnel do not routinely pay attention to these boards. They're here for us members.

You should contact eBay directly if you have a concern that you think they should be aware of.

Reverb does not permit buyers to abuse sellers as easily as eBay does; that's one of the reasons so many people prefer to sell musical instruments there instead of here.

For example, if I blew out a rare Curtis filter module in my Korg MS20, I could buy a similar synth on eBay, take it apart, swap my dead chip out, and then open a SNAD claim because the synth I just bought and cannibalized doesn't work. The seller would have to pay to ship it back and give me my money back, and get stuck with a dead synth. eBay would automatically side with me, even if the seller discovered after the fact that his synth had been tampered with, because there is no proof that I was the one who did it.

The seller's only recourse would be to file fraud charges against me with the USPS and my local police, and there would again be no evidence to prove that I was the culprit. 

Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous sellers too... but if you check feedback and use a credit card and play by the rules, it's harder to get scammed as a buyer.

Sorry you had a bad experience with reverb. IMO their prices are horrendous for sellers; maybe worse than eBay's.. but you're not going to hurt either eBay or reverb by denying yourself access to both sites. 

eBay's user agreement prohibits leading buyers to your listings on other websites. Maybe you should bring these ads to their attention as a conflict of interest. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply