cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokemon Yellow GameBoy Box and Cartridge Real or Reproduce?

Hi, 

I recently got my item that I bought from a seller in the mail today, after a couple of minutes of looking at the box art and cartridge, I notice something wasn't quite right. So I boot up the game onto my GameCube Player, every thing seem fined at first but afterwards I took at the cartridge once more and realized the label cover was sort of new, the color of the cartridge was orange. And I check the box art and it said its 83% total recovered fiber on the side and it's not flat on the bottom of the box. I don't know if this legit copy or a reproudction. 

Does anyone know? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fake copies would only have "Game" stamped on the front. Not sure about the box though. It looks as though someone put a new sticker on the cartridge and used an orange shell. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Fake copies would only have "Game" stamped on the front. Not sure about the box though. It looks as though someone put a new sticker on the cartridge and used an orange shell. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The game cartridge is definitly real is has a code stamped on it ( you can see the 3 on the beginning of pikachu's tail) and a copy would indeed say 'GAME' at the top. The box is also real I can tell you that there are at least 4 different boxes of each pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow game. The one you have is one of them, I can send you a link where you can read this. 

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=152303

Message 3 of 3
latest reply