cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!!! 0 FEEDBACK SELLER SENT PACKAGE TO ANOTHER ADDRESS!!!

I really hope to receive all the help I can get because I do not know what to do right now. Here's what happened:

I placed an order for an Apple iPad Pro 9.7 inch weeks ago on June 21st. 2 days have passed and the seller seem to haven't mailed out the goods. So I sent them a message through eBay asking them the status of shipment. Received no response. Waited a day before I had to message them once again and still the same. Finally on the 26th of June I received an email notifying me that the seller have shipped out the iPad (if it was even an iPAD). On the 29th the tracking number showed delivered in the mailbox but when I went to it there wasn't any package from the seller. I was very confused at first because it was a locking post mailbox which requires a key in order to be opened and almost impossble for anyone to just reach inside and steal something from there.

I eventually had to reach out to USPS to see if they can figure out what could have went wrong through their system. It turns out that the item was mailed to a different address that has the same zip code as mine. The seller deliberately did this to cheat me out of my money and now I'm left with nothing. What would you guys do if you were in my position? Is this something that eBay can help me with? Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and help me!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
Sounds like the USPS did a GPS track and found your package addressed wrong, just open an item not as described case with eBay and send the misdelivered package back for a full refund.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No, USPS told me that the address that was on the package was different from mine but both shared the same zip code.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Good Evening,  in the past 6 years this has happen to me numerous times, sometimes the SELLER ships out multiple things and they get twisted, if you have reached out to the SELLER and they sent it to the wrong address ask him for a refund and try to work it out, if they fail to RESPOND open a case under the Help Tab at the top of the EBay home page, selecte your item as not received, EBay will take care of the rest, keep in mind it can take about 1 week to get your $$$ back, just due to they always give the SELLER 3 days to RESPOND,  also call into Customer care as a back up to let them know what Happen, EBay has always had my back,,, keep in mind I only use paypal, because both ebay and paypal have awesome ways to protect your purchase...Good Luk  Sigs70

Sigs70

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@sigs70 wrote:

open a case under the Help Tab at the top of the EBay home page, selecte your item as not received, EBay will take care of the rest,

If the seller has tracking showing the item has been delivered, the buyer will not win an INR case without a lot of work for the buyer.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Have read more comments in regards to your post, If EBay and or PayPal tells you your Loss see ya, Call your Credit Card company and Reverse Charges to the Buyer, again in all my cases open, either my $$$ was returned or the item was received 100%:%% no problems....

SIGS70 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@imcingstars_6 wrote:

I really hope to receive all the help I can get because I do not know what to do right now. Here's what happened:

I placed an order for an Apple iPad Pro 9.7 inch weeks ago on June 21st. 2 days have passed and the seller seem to haven't mailed out the goods. So I sent them a message through eBay asking them the status of shipment. Received no response. Waited a day before I had to message them once again and still the same. Finally on the 26th of June I received an email notifying me that the seller have shipped out the iPad (if it was even an iPAD). On the 29th the tracking number showed delivered in the mailbox but when I went to it there wasn't any package from the seller. I was very confused at first because it was a locking post mailbox which requires a key in order to be opened and almost impossble for anyone to just reach inside and steal something from there.

I eventually had to reach out to USPS to see if they can figure out what could have went wrong through their system. It turns out that the item was mailed to a different address that has the same zip code as mine. The seller deliberately did this to cheat me out of my money and now I'm left with nothing. What would you guys do if you were in my position? Is this something that eBay can help me with? Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and help me!!

I have no doubt that this wasn't an "honest" mistake but was definitely a scamming seller. Electronics are among the highest fraud items. 

@imcingstars_6 - I think I found the listing. Was it a 0-feedback seller whose location in the listing was shown as Littleton, CO? Was the iPad color rose gold? If it's the same seller, did you happen to notice that he sold the same item with the same pictures in April? 

Can you get a statement from the post office stating where the package was delivered? You'll probably need that documentation in order to prove to ebay and paypal that the seller defrauded you. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

BTW, if it's the listing I think it is, not only did your seller sell the same item with the same pictures on April 19, but 2 other sellers also sold multiples of the same item with the same pictures, some sold as far back as February.
albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yes, that was the one and no I did not see any other transactions that he did because I couldn't view his feedback. I don't think he's from Colorado either because he shipped it out in North Carolina. His email address isn't real either. Nothing but a lying **bleep** sadly 😞

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@imcingstars_6 wrote:

Yes, that was the one and no I did not see any other transactions that he did because I couldn't view his feedback. I don't think he's from Colorado either because he shipped it out in North Carolina. His email address isn't real either. Nothing but a lying **bleep** sadly 😞

He doesn't have any feedback. If you look at his completed listings, you'll see the other that he sold. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

This is the first time I've used the feature and I can see his older listing for the same Ipad in April. I've reached out to USPS days ago requesting a statement and still waiting for them to respond. What would you do if I can't get a document from them if you was me?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@imcingstars_6 wrote:

This is the first time I've used the feature and I can see his older listing for the same Ipad in April. I've reached out to USPS days ago requesting a statement and still waiting for them to respond. What would you do if I can't get a document from them if you was me?

What I would do cannot under the forum guidelines be said here, but as said and alluded to in my first response - post #2, would be to find the so-called elusive envelope and return it to the seller as an item not described. Sure would be your lucky day to find that missent parcel blowing around the street in front of your house...

Message 12 of 12
latest reply