cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRAPHICS CARDS SOLD ON EBAY SHOULD MANDITORILY BE MENTIONED IF THEY WERE USED FOR MINING BITCOIN.

I KNOW THE BITCOIN MINING THING IS AN UP AND DOWN TREND, BUT FAILED INVESTORS COME ON HERE IN HOPE TO RECOUP LOSSES BY SELLING USED GRAPHICS CARDS THAT WERE RAN 24/7 FOR MONTHS AND DONT POST THEM AS BEING USED FOR BITCOIN MINING AND SELL THEM TO A BUYER WITH GOOD INTENTIONS.  IT'S NOT FAIR TO BUYERS AND THE EBAY COMMUNITY.. SELLERS MUST HAVE TO DECLARE USE OF SUCH ELECTRICAL ITEMS BEFORE AND WITH SALE ON EBAY. I BOUGHT A CARD USED FOR MINING AND DIED 3 MONTHS LATER, 465.00 DOWN THE DRAIN AND NO WARRANTY. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

GRAPHICS CARDS SOLD ON EBAY SHOULD MANDITORILY BE MENTIONED IF THEY WERE USED FOR MINING BITCOIN.

@matstla-0 wrote:

I KNOW THE BITCOIN MINING THING IS AN UP AND DOWN TREND, BUT FAILED INVESTORS COME ON HERE IN HOPE TO RECOUP LOSSES BY SELLING USED GRAPHICS CARDS THAT WERE RAN 24/7 FOR MONTHS AND DONT POST THEM AS BEING USED FOR BITCOIN MINING AND SELL THEM TO A BUYER WITH GOOD INTENTIONS.  IT'S NOT FAIR TO BUYERS AND THE EBAY COMMUNITY.. SELLERS MUST HAVE TO DECLARE USE OF SUCH ELECTRICAL ITEMS BEFORE AND WITH SALE ON EBAY. I BOUGHT A CARD USED FOR MINING AND DIED 3 MONTHS LATER, 465.00 DOWN THE DRAIN AND NO WARRANTY. 

In a perfect world, GPU sellers would also state that they overclocked the **bleep** out of their card...never gonna happen.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@matstla-0 wrote:

Firstly, calm, now look at your keyboard, left side. There is a key called 'Caps Lock', hit it once. Now we are calm wink

Back to topic. I don't think that it is related. Electronics do not wear out. There is nothing mechanic. That your card died after 3 month is sad, but I don't think it's related to what it was used before. 

Test your eBay search rank: https://ranktool.bid
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Electronics do not wear out.

Uh, yes they do. Capicitors and other components burn out all the time. All technology needs to be maintained somewhere down the line.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@lonewanderer1553 wrote:

Electronics do not wear out.

Uh, yes they do. Capacitors and other components burn out all the time. All technology needs to be maintained somewhere down the line.

In a poor design, yes. This would effect only e-caps. But this isn't really related to mining. Even a very brief unproper usage can cause damage, like running something without cooling.

What makes good designed electronics die are usually external effect. Over voltage from outside lines, or from poor inductor designs. ESD is an issue too.

I would have no problem with a mining card. People don't sell them because they get bad (how would they know anyway), rather because it stopped making money.

Test your eBay search rank: https://ranktool.bid
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

that is vga card for pc....visit http://canondriverscenter.com

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Electronics don't wear out? What are you talking about?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply