cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger smartphone use up more data?

I recently upudraded from Samsung Galay J3 to Samsung Galaxy J7 Perx. I've always used Virgin Mobile. J3 has a 5 inch screen and J7 Perx has 5.5 inch. Does a bigger smartphone use up more data, or is it the same?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
Are you asking because your data consumption went up? or is it just a curiosity?

Not being an expert in how a screen size renders a picture in higher definition based on the available landscape - I would say NO... Every website I have read that offers data usage calculations has never mentioned screen size.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Bigger smart phones usually come with more apps on them, which means more updates more frequently, which means more data will be used if you don't set your phone to update only on Wi-Fi, or have very limited access to wireless. If you take and upload videos and photos, your higher-resolution/high-def content will consume more data in these activities as well. Likewise, if you stream videos in hi-def you'll consume more data than if you were watching SD content on a lesser display.

But generally, like the above post says, the amount of data that you receive while browsing the web does not change if you get a bigger phone.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply