cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAN SCALPERS NOW

Dirty scalpers need to be banned! Is this not illegal? Does Ebay not care of its reputation! GREED GREED GREED! I couldn't believe the price listings of some of these cards and consoles. At time when we should all be helping each other with what's going on I  the world. I can only say these are the worst people I would never want to meet who'd probably sell there soul for a fiver. You need banning and never allowed to sell on ebay again.......

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: BAN SCALPERS NOW

If the prices of what you want are currently too high, give it a few days and search again. Good luck!

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Well, they've found people that are willing to pay that much so the seller is in Fat City right about now.  Their starting bid was a penny so you probably shouldn't refer to the seller as a dirty scalper.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

It's done at every car dealer in the country. When the new Corvette comes out- there's a clear mark up tag that says 'dealer mark up' for $20k. When the newest F150 Raptor, Toyota Supra, Roush Mustang etc. all have clearly marked white tags that shows that individual dealer 'mark up' above and beyond what the actual manufacturer states it should sell for. 

Again, most everything in this world is 'suggested retail price' with 'Suggested' being the important term. 

Gouging only comes into play when an item is a necessity for living through an event, and places/people 'mark up' the item solely because it is a 'MUST' item. 

Gaming and everything attached is NOT a MUST item, and does not fall under any kind of Gouging. 

Simple supply & demand as others have stated. 

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

"we should all be helping each other "

Most eBay purchases help sellers pay mortages, feed kids and not be a burden to taxpayers.   Those are essential family needs for survival.  Cards or consoles for playing games are not, those are luxuries. 

EBay is a business not a charity.  It's the American way.  Ebay is selling venue that encourages people to profit and make money.  If you want to pay garage sale / flea market prices that is where you should shop.  Many sellers have well worn shoes from hours spent at thrift stores, estate sales and the like.  In many instances you're paying for their time and knowledge.

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

The ps5 is not such a leap over the ps4 and Spider Man: Miles Morales is like the only game you can't play on the ps4 right now (miss me with the DarkSouls remake, literally just go play it on PC), I say continue to play your PS4, let the scalpers sit on their bot "cops" and in a few months they will be forced to sell at the MSRP as prices settle. I sincerely hope many bot coppers get burnt on their hauls this year and are forced to sell at a loss or barely break even.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

These scalpers are using bots to beat out all the standard users trying to purchase the new system. These bots, which are technically not illegal, are discouraged by companies who try to spot them and ban them but they use multiple ip addresses, making sure not to make more than 20 attempts per second for each proxy Ip. The bots then immediately populate the information required to finalize the purchase. So how can you win against a bots? Learn how to use bots yourself and beat them at their own game. Buy only what you need and don't give a penny to scalpers. With a little research on Google and github, you shouldn't have much trouble finding out how to get, modify and use the bots for your own purchases to level the playing field. 

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

IMHO, You have scalpers buying thousands of PS5's using bots, and they are basically blocking everyone else, hard working individuals who saved money for these machines, from getting just one.  Then they turn around and double the price.  That's extortion.  I think that eBay should make a stand and ban PS5's from being sold for at least six months in order to fight against this type of **bleep** Extortion.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

you seem to misunderstand what "Extortion" is

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

If you are afraid of the price do not buy it !

Very, very simple.

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

no one is under any obligation whatsoever to purchase any item on ebay... if you don't like the price, don't buy...

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

Now that the Christmas holidays are ending these gaming consoles will likely go down you just have to wait until the all the initial excitement dies down .

I am shocked about all these angry threads  just because their is a shortage of affordable NEW  gaming systems

Good luck

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Some of these posters need anger management counselling before they harm themselves or others.

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

it looked interesting but if those prices are high then why not you try again later bcz some times it happened for new members like with me when i was making my jigsaw reviews but after some time it corrected automatically.

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

I noticed  a lot of the replies support this behavior and I have no doubts these folks have participated in scalping. Don't give them any of your money let them sit on the their inventory. These people have no morals and Ebay is content with them wiping out a whole product from a market and re-listing with ridiculous mark ups and NO WARRANTY.  Stupid "you don't have to buy" comments ,well you don't have to buy ALL the inventory of a product you don't intend to use just to profit off of someone who actually will use it. There are literally thousands of ps5s onsale on Ebay yet no actual store has them in stock. People content with this are mentally disturbed and crooks!

Message 15 of 43
latest reply