cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.2 inch portable Digital TV

Hi,

I bought this portable Digital TV and it said it'd work in AUS.

No AUS zone in menu.

After much contact with Seller I finally get a Winrar file with a .bin file that will upgrade the the unit with AUS settings. The write up says when I boot the the TV with the USB flash drive it will automatically update. No go, so maybe a bootable USB flash drive will do the trick.  Not sure how to go about with all that's offered on Youtube. I'd love to know how to transefer the .bin file into the start-up.

Thanks. AND HERE'S HOPING????

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You don't need to make the usb drive bootable.  You probably need to format your usb drive to the file system recognized by the TV before copying the .bin file onto it.  If the write-up doesn't say specifically what file system to use, try FAT32 first, and go from there.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks will.sf. Tried your suggestion with 2 USB flash drives. One 2 gig and 7 gig. Not so good. Looked at possibilities with other teles by holding vol+ keys while powering up.
Also the biggest possibility is that the .bin file may be corrupted.
Also noted that this is a sub version TV as opposed to LEADSTAR portable TV by not having upgrade option in the same menus. Now I may be nuts (always debate-able) but I can get the TV operational thru' HDMI and a mini 12 volt set top box (size of your hand) and I should be happy with that, and as they say, "move on".
Message 3 of 3
latest reply