cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did I JUST FIND A TREAUSRE ????????? please help with ID

Found this jewel in what seems to be original package unused with unused accesories never taken out of their slots. - Doll 6,5" tall

Can anyone help me determine the Maker and aproximate value ? Found no reference of this 247/18 Germany Marking...  what/who sources can I consult? thanks a lot  

doll.jpg

edoll-001.jpgdoll1.jpg

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

for reference only as there are a ton of these up kncking out any completed look up bye lo baby and then the size that you didnt put down. People mark them high but theyhaven't been selling lately

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Yeah Its 6,5" tall

How do you say to look it up ? 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

bye lo baby Germany it doesn't look like a repro as there are a ton of those out too

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I almost put up a couple of references of the dozens I found in varying sizes but caught and stopped myself because they were current listings and didn't want to get in trouble. when you do the search and pull them all up go to the left side and click on competed to see what they have actually sold for [it will be in green numbered amounts on the listings]

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Yeah I did, but couldnt find no baby with the original bag like this one, and accesories like milk , toys, booties and replacement clothes what makes me think it could go higher that the ones I saw there.. Id like to know how to spot the Maker brand tough before I list blindly

Thanks for your tips!
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

the thing about the marks on the doll [and yours is real] is thattt the dolls were used to make molds in the 1980s so they have the mark too. there are actually elborate sets out of the old  dolls with moreclothes if yo don't put in a size and look at current and completed listings. I saw a good half of the dolls mislabeled as original when they weren't. There were some originals on   there naked too does yours have a cllloth body or solid composition? 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

scratch that the size waaas probably solid, my bad I keep thinking it's a 14"

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

body is solid.. look im no expert but for the type of clothes and the wear / color they have.. Im almost sure its not from 1980.. it seems to have many decades more.. also from the source it comes.. seems she was the owner.. not that I bought them at an antique store
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

that's what I said: they are vintage/antique and there are sets of these dlls at different levels in different sizes up and completed that are real and from that time you can look up, hold on and I will find some completed listings for you

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

, for reference only, this takes you into completed listings and you can then go into current and study them: https://www.ebay.com/sch/Dolls-Bears/237/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=german%20bye%20lo%20baby&LH_Complete=...

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Thanks. Can you tell me what the composition of my doll is? Is it Bisque? 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I think it is cmposition but I am on a tiny tablet [10" screen] take some reaally good close ups of it unclothed out of the  box and  do the same in your listing

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Hi there....My Mom had a set similar to this, let me do some more research and get back to you (Dad is in hospital, I am just killing time right now so may be a while til I can possibly assist).

I can tell you this is not a Bye Lo Baby...and therefore should not be listed as such.  Bye Lo Babies have very distincitive facial features, and I can tell just by photos yours is not a Bye Lo.  And the material appears to be composition, but this would be easier to verify by seeing pics of the joints with the doll undressed.  

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Hi April Id appreciate your help, couldnt locate the Maker of the doll. Also do I risk to damage the dress if I leave the doll undressed? thanks!
Message 15 of 18
latest reply