cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with a vintage doll ID. Is this Cissy?

Please help with a vintage doll ID.  Is this Cissy?  She is 20" with jointed knees.  Not marked.  DSCF2390.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That is what I was expecting to see.  The body is hard plastic and the head and arms are a softer vinyl? 

When a doll has no markings at all, there is a tiny possibility the id could be wrong.    I would id her as Margie as positive as I can be without markings.  She is pretty.  I like her look.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No, she is not a Cissy.  I am quite sure she is a doll called Margie or Marjorie from Belle Doll and Toy Company from about 1957.  They came in three sizes and yours looks to the the 20" one which had a hard plastic body with jointed knees and a vinyl head and arms.  Margie is unmarked while vintage Cissy is marked Alexander on the back of the neck.  Margie has rooted hair while vintage Cissy has a glued on wig.  I could be more certain if you wanted to show a picture of the body.

Here is a closed listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/21-Belle-Margie-Doll-wearing-Original-pink-dotted-Gown/323161374088?hash=it...

There are a couple of dolls up right now that are being called Belle Margie, but I do not think that they are.   I am mentioning this in case your see them and notice that they look very little like your doll.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks very mush for the information belledejour.  Here's a picture.DSCF2400.JPG

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That is what I was expecting to see.  The body is hard plastic and the head and arms are a softer vinyl? 

When a doll has no markings at all, there is a tiny possibility the id could be wrong.    I would id her as Margie as positive as I can be without markings.  She is pretty.  I like her look.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks.  Yes, body is hard plastic and head and arms vinyl.  Thanks again for your help.    

Message 5 of 5
latest reply