cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to identify doll!

Hi I am unfamiliar with dolls and I do not see any markings at all any help would be great!!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

she looks like a copy of some dolls popular at the time [50s I think], does she have any odors? I have had a couple like her one I hadto get rid of beeecause shehadpastic rot the other I havve in parts until I can find where her head latch is to restring her. Some of these were really pretty but made with an inferior plastic that disintegrates horribly. still a bit dirty and  needs more cleaning up, she also look like she has had serious leg crack someone tried to repair

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

she looks like a copy of some dolls popular at the time [50s I think], does she have any odors? I have had a couple like her one I hadto get rid of beeecause shehadpastic rot the other I havve in parts until I can find where her head latch is to restring her. Some of these were really pretty but made with an inferior plastic that disintegrates horribly. still a bit dirty and  needs more cleaning up, she also look like she has had serious leg crack someone tried to repair

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the info yeah she is a little beat up thanks!!!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

why the gremlins had to post me twice when I tried to fix typos! we don't even have the wind going for the type of bt keyboard mayhem. If her head doesn't smell you could sell that as she has a lovely face or the whole doll for parts and repair the difference there would be the shipping cost.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ok thanks!!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

She looks like composition to me - very similar face to the Madame Alexander McGuffey Ana dolls. Is there a tiny circle with an x on her neck under her wig?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No marks at all.

Thanks

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Then I think you could call her an unmarked composition doll, assuming I'm correct on the composition - a little hard to tell via the photo. The damage to her leg looks more like the paint lifting seen on older composition, and you can look inside her neck - if the edges are super smooth & machine-like, it's more likely plastic. 

She may have been repainted at some point, her face looks quite smooth.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for all the help!!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

look at the bottom of her feet and seams, my first thought was cop too until I looked closer at the way she was cracked. there were alot of imitations of both MA & Ideal both in comp & in plastic and some of them like her had beautiful faces

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks again!!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply