cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in identifying and appraising this Ichabod Crane doll

A freind asked if I can help them sell this doll on ebay. I first wanted to try and identify it.  All I know is that her husband bought it at an auction. Aside from that, I can't find any tags or identifying marks. The body seems hand-made from wire and a sort of burlap/bandage material. The arms are twisted wire. At frist the face and hands appeared to be some sort of plastic or resin, but after finding a part of hand were paint has chipped, it leaves a white chalky residue when scraped, making me think ceramic? As far as specifics, would anyone have a time period? and as far as price,  what would be a fair market value for this item, considering it's condition, etc?  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Help in identifying and appraising this Ichabod Crane doll

It looks more like a store display than a doll to me. From the fabrics I would guess from about the 1970's or later. It looks like it is missing a Violin. Again, just a guess but I think it might be a one of a kind piece made for a specific display and as a single part of a set I would think it has very little monetary value . 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply