cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clothing pattern for 28-inch Paris Rita?

Can anyone recommend a dress pattern for a nekkid 28-inch Paris Rita doll? Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I looked around and didn't see anything in the 28 inch size.  She looks like she would wear Saucy Walker type clothes/outfits.

I don't know your sewing skills and printer skills, but I did see alot of patterns for the 22/24  inch size.  You should be able to enarge them on the printer.  But check for fit.  Sometimes sewing lines and such don't enlarge right either.  Or measure around the doll and just trace out the smaller pattern to the width and sewing lines you will need, like hem lines and waist sizes.   

I've taken patterns to Staples to enlarge, their printers are much more precise than mine was.

I have a scaling pattern here somewhere, let me see if I can find it.  I've moved the sewing room around, lol.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I looked around and didn't see anything in the 28 inch size.  She looks like she would wear Saucy Walker type clothes/outfits.

I don't know your sewing skills and printer skills, but I did see alot of patterns for the 22/24  inch size.  You should be able to enarge them on the printer.  But check for fit.  Sometimes sewing lines and such don't enlarge right either.  Or measure around the doll and just trace out the smaller pattern to the width and sewing lines you will need, like hem lines and waist sizes.   

I've taken patterns to Staples to enlarge, their printers are much more precise than mine was.

I have a scaling pattern here somewhere, let me see if I can find it.  I've moved the sewing room around, lol.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Here's some pattern numbers to start.

Simplicity #4509

Simplicity(?) #7157

They're in smaller sizes, but will give you some ideas.

Or search in ebay -  saucy walker doll clothes patterns.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Also,  check on line for how to grade a pattern.    This will show you how to properly size up a pattern.     Just adding to the outside edges of a pattern,  does not work.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I know the sewing lines don't always line up.  That's why I said measure and check for the fit.  If it is say, waist gathering, it will work.  She wants to make a pretty large size doll some new duds, you don't need to be so precise with stuff like that, say versus a Barbie  doll.  Or worry about moving dart lines and pleats.  

We don't know her sewing skills, if she is a beginner or not. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It is pretty easy to grade a pattern.     Probably easier than  trying to enlarge by adding to the seam allowences. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Why do you insist on coming back at me with snarky remarks?  I know i's easy, you know it's easy, but the OP may not know it's easy.

And geezus, it's not like she's sewing a Bridal gown for someone's wedding.  

Sorry Op,  was only trying to help you.  I'm out.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Good suggestions, Tiny. My sewing skills are... rusty. 😕 But I'll get there. And I have enlarged patterns before - and drafted doll clothes patterns using muslins. But it's been a while!
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I took a look through my pattern files and found Simplicity 1336 for a 25-inch doll, which should be pretty darn close. Also found a Retro Butterick for the right style, though for 18-inch dolls; it might be good for reference at least. That's B5865.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

From that Saucy Walker pattern, No alteration! 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

NIIIICE job!!!!  I thought you said your sewing was "rusty", LOL.  

Now she needs a coat, it is cold out afterall, lol.

Love those scallops.

Is the fabric vintage?  

She's a pretty doll.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply