cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1950's Large 33 inch Marine doll with uniform EXACTLY like my Marine Son's

I just got this UNMARKED Marine doll at a flee market. It appears to be from the 1950's. The doll is a squeezable rubber but is filled with something because you can only squeeze so far and stops. Also it is VERY heavy. My son is a Marine and the uniform is EXACTLY the same as his. From the heavy material to the quality jacket inner lining right to the badges, it all seems exact and official. I have been searching the net for days and can't find anything like it. I'm thinking possibly used in a recruiting office or for uniform sales. ANY thought would be appreciated. Thank you, BrianIMG_1517.jpgIMG_5409.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi briangg57.

I'm thinking it is some type of Mannekin used for a store display, or used in a Recruiting Office.  

Do you have a Recruiting Office near you?  Maybe you can go in or peek in the windows to see i there is anything like this.  Or bring a picture and ask around the Office if they have any ideas.  

I googled and found nothing like Him either.  

I don't know, but darn, He sure is Cool!!!!  Nice find!!!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I truly appreciate you. My Son said they didn't have anything like this at his recruiting office or where he bought his uniform. Even the 5 or 6 toy and military museums that I contacted had no clues but the liked it. lol.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi again.

Another thought - maybe a Mom or Wife "refashioned" the Uniform from a loved ones Uniform.  Cut it apart and sewed it to fit the mannekin/doll?

If you find out any more information, check back and let us know.  It's fun to try and solve a mystery, lol!!!! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply