cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a catalog of Rustie dolls? How to id/price them?

judyscondo
Enthusiast
I have 8 42" large dolls all with Rustie and numbers on their necks. They have been left as part of moms estate. Ideally there is a catalog with pics so I can ID them by height and clothes. Or perhaps there is an place where I can post a picture and get an ID that way. I have 80 other smaller ruste dolls to id and value but I know these 8 were her prized possessions. . I know they are from the 1980's and 90's. limited editions, sold on HSN during Rustie's birthday celebrations. I have not found matching ones on ebay. I need names. any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

I don't know if there is a catalog but if you find one, let me know. I'd love to have one. I love Rustie's dolls. I'm just trying to find one that I can afford.
Message 2 of 67
latest reply

lillianbrejea
Enthusiast
did you ever find a catalog. I also have a old Rustie doll. She has purple eyes, blonde curly hair, a off white victorian style dress with sequins and pearls.
Message 3 of 67
latest reply

churchdocs
Enthusiast
did you ever find a catalog. I also have a old Rustie doll. She has purple eyes, blonde curly hair, a off white victorian style dress with sequins and pearls.

I emailed Rustie with the same question just yesterday and she wrote back that she did not have a catalog of her HSN dolls, and that "they are worth whatever anyone will pay for them." I got the feeling she wasn't too thrilled with the HSN dolls. I'l like to know too, cause my mom has two 42" ones to sell. If anybody finds a source I'd love to know it.
Message 4 of 67
latest reply

I am trying to id a 42" Rustie that I have, too. Did anyone ever find a catalog? I asked Rustie, herself, and she doesn't know her name. I wish these doll artists kept catalogs. Franklin Mint, included.
Message 5 of 67
latest reply

I have 3 Rustie dolls for sale.  If anyone is interested, let me know.

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

I'd like to get in on this conversation and find out if anyone had any luck.  I inherited a Rusty Doll called Jessica ..she is a limited edition doll.. probably 42".  She is dressed like a Russian Socialite.  I also e-mailed Rusty and have had no response so far.  I'm interested in selling her but can't find any record of this doll.   Does anyone know if these limited dolls are more valuable?  If anyone has anything new to share I'd appreciate hearing about it.  If I hear back from Rusty Dolls, I'll post the info I get.

Thx.

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

joneswanda
Enthusiast

I have many large Rustie dolls and one that is a one of a kind. These were left to me by my late husband and I am trying to sell them.  They are taking up so much room and I am  not a collector.  I also have seymour mann, dynasty, Vicki Walker prototypes, etc.  So if you know of anyone interested in any of these types of dolls let me know.  I also have some franklin mint, danbury mint and one of a kind dolls that was done by an artist in St. Augustine, Florida.

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

i am looking for one of the dolls by rustie mine was damaged in a fire, i was wondering if you have her, she had red hair, large white dress her name is lady sarah thank you candice

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

I have a white bride with red hair - is that it?

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

Heres a website that has some of Rusties dolls listed with pictures.  Hope this helps some of you.

http://www.thedollempire.com/dolls/porcelain-dolls.html

Sincerely,

Pam.  A Doil Collector.

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

I have been looking for a place to find replacements parts for my 42 inch Rustie dolls.  If you come across a catalog or know of any place I can get parts please let me know....thanks

Message 12 of 67
latest reply

You might want to contact Rustie.  If there is such a thing as a Catalog of her dolls she would beable to tell you.   I doubt if there is, but maybe she can help with the ID of some of your dolls if that is what you are looking for, but pricing I doubt cause if your talking about pre-owned the prices varies on the condition how many made and so forth?   It don't hurt to atleast contact her and see if she can help you.

Note: sometimes it takes a while for her to get back to you as she is very busy.   

Heres her email link :          dollsbyrustieunique@att.net

Heres her Webpage :

http://www.rusties.com/

Sincerely,

Pam

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

I have a Rustie known as Jade Fantasy. If anyone is interested in purchasing it from me email me at poetrygirl4You@yahoo.com
Message 14 of 67
latest reply

I just acquired a Rustie doll but I am not very familiar with them.  Can someone tell me if the head is suppose to look down? When we put her head up it falls back down! Is she broken?

@judyscondo wrote:
I have 8 42" large dolls all with Rustie and numbers on their necks. They have been left as part of moms estate. Ideally there is a catalog with pics so I can ID them by height and clothes. Or perhaps there is an place where I can post a picture and get an ID that way. I have 80 other smaller ruste dolls to id and value but I know these 8 were her prized possessions. . I know they are from the 1980's and 90's. limited editions, sold on HSN during Rustie's birthday celebrations. I have not found matching ones on ebay. I need names. any help is appreciated.

Message 15 of 67
latest reply