cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

baby*monkee
Enthusiast
Just wanted to repost my question #112. We still can't find any information on this container with the Mickey Mouse Ears lid. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

If it's free, then it's for me!
Message 721 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
My friend found this at a local garage sale. She thought it was cute but doesn't know what it's meant to be used as...an ashtray? Sugar bowl? It measures 3 inches in diameter and has a strange marking stamped into the bottom. Any help identifying what the item is used for or even the marking is appreciated...thanks!

ANSWER:
This is a modern piece; not vintage. Value: approx. $5.00. Likely designed for kitchen use; possibly not even an authorized Disney piece.
Message 722 of 1,793
latest reply

kloppio
Enthusiast
Hi:

I'm an former cast member from California. The summer of 1989 (maybe 1990), we had cast member T-shirts done for all Jungle Cruise skippers that worked that summer. They were actually authorized by the Adventureland management. It pictured a manly JC skipper in front of a JC boat and a damsel (modeled after Jessica Rabbit) in distress with the caption, "Jungle Cruise Skippers, we don't just shoot the breeze, we shoot the hippos."

I still have the t-shirt in pretty good condition, along with a long sleeved sweatshirt that I never wore.

Likewise, the following summer (1990), they did a shirt for the guest control crew that worked along the Main St. Electrical Parade at night. It was called "Parade Route 4" and I think the image is of 4 Parade Route guys planting a guest control pole in the ground like the Iwo Jima photo.

Anyhow, the point of this post is to wonder if items like this have any value.

Andrew
Message 723 of 1,793
latest reply

I'm an former cast member from California. The summer of 1989 (maybe 1990), we had cast member T-shirts done for all Jungle Cruise skippers that worked that summer. They were actually authorized by the Adventureland management.
Anyhow, the point of this post is to wonder if items like this have any value.

ANSWER:
While clothing is of interest to a narrow group of collectors, it may not command the premium that cast items once carried at Disneyana shows & conventions. Our experience is that these items can sell for $25 - $30; but can go higher if a bidding war ensues. Hope you beat the odds and get a great sale for yours!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 724 of 1,793
latest reply

I was hoping to get some information on this personalized Fan Card from the 1930s

I have been unable to find information in any of the Disney Reference books or on line -

I believe the Best Wishes to Bob Shaw as well as the Walt Disney is written by Hand , Ink Bleeding around edges.

Any Idea of value would be appreciated
Thanks

Message 725 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi Dave, Glad to see you are still offering all this great assistance here. You have been helpful to me in the past and now I'd like to know something about this poor bedraggled old Mickey. He is metal underneath his felt costume which I think is glued on. His legs swing back and forth as one unit & he has rigid arms that were apparently controlled by a windup action. There is only a metal stub on his hip now-no key. He's got a very dirty face, is missing a felt hand and the poor thing has one chewed up felt ear. That said, I don't know if anyone will want him but I would still like to know a bit about him, please. Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 726 of 1,793
latest reply

cosnowbaby
Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a little Disneyland music box that plays It's a small world. It is rectangular about 2 inches tall and 2 1/2 inches long. It is made of light blue plastic with a sticker on the front with a picture of 8 ethnic children holding a Disneyland banner. It has a string with a ball on the bottom that you pull out to play the music. As the music plays the string slowly winds back into the box. On the back it has a sticker that says "it's a small world" No. 015019321 Made in Japan. I don't remember how old I was or where I got it. If anyone knows anything about this I would love to find out more information. Thanks!
Message 727 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi Dave, My pictures disappeared so thought I'd put one back up again in case you drop by.Thanks! 🙂
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 728 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was hoping to get some information on this personalized Fan Card from the 1930s

ANSWER:
While this card was likely drawn by an artist at the Walt Disney Studio, it is not actually signed by Walt Disney. The card has a value of $75 - $150.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 729 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a little Disneyland music box that plays It's a small world. It is rectangular about 2 inches tall and 2 1/2 inches long. It is made of light blue plastic with a sticker on the front with a picture of 8 ethnic children holding a Disneyland banner. It has a string with a ball on the bottom that you pull out to play the music. As the music plays the string slowly winds back into the box. On the back it has a sticker that says "it's a small world" No. 015019321 Made in Japan. I don't remember how old I was or where I got it. If anyone knows anything about this I would love to find out more information. Thanks!

ANSWER:
These little music boxes were very popular at Disneyland, and were purchased in abundance. They sell today for approx. $10 - $20.
Message 730 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I'd like to know something about this poor bedraggled old Mickey. He is metal underneath his felt costume which I think is glued on. His legs swing back and forth as one unit & he has rigid arms that were apparently controlled by a windup action. There is only a metal stub on his hip now-no key. He's got a very dirty face, is missing a felt hand and the poor thing has one chewed up felt ear.

ANSWER:
His condition will dramatically affect value; likely in the $50 - $75 range. In excellent condition, he would sell for several hundred dollars.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 731 of 1,793
latest reply

Thanks Dave! Do you happen to know the name/date of this type of old Mickey toy?

Message 732 of 1,793
latest reply

zeidisho
Enthusiast
Hello. I dont know if anyone can help me...but I am trying to find out where I can buy this Vintage Disney sweater or any Vintage Disney clothing for that matter. The new brand by Disney called Disney Vintage not actual vintage clothing items. Thanks in advance!

http://www.a-chico.com/vd0008.html
Message 733 of 1,793
latest reply

Is This a Disney glass?

Message 734 of 1,793
latest reply

tspl-04
Enthusiast
Hi saturdaytoys,My name is tspl-04.I go to garage & estate sales to find items to sell on ebay.I enjoy the descussion boards & selling my items on ebay. This is my second time to ask a question on this board.I purchased these pictures of Snow White & The Seven Drawfs from a estate sale awhile ago.One drawf is missing(Doc)the glass is broke on the top left corner of snow white & Snow White & Happy have some stains on the picture. There names & a copyright mark W.D.ENT.is on each one near the bottom.I am hoping you could help me id.the pictures.Would they be a set,how old they are,print or watercolor& value? Thank you in advance:-)
Message 735 of 1,793
latest reply