cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

shambolam
Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here and saw all the Disney questions... perhaps someone could answer mine...
I have a "Secret Panel Chest" from the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. My Brother bought it at least 35 years ago. It is wood and about 5 1/4" long, 3 1/2" wide and 2 1/2 inches tall. It is made out of wood and it has a secret way to open it with a drawer hidden in the back. I would say it is only in fair condition as it has been used and moved and there is a li'l chip in it.
Anyone know anything about this item?
Message 31 of 1,793
latest reply

mrkenj
Enthusiast

Hello! I have a porcelain bank. It is Lady from Lady and the tramp. My Aunt gave it to me years ago. She said she got it when the movie originally was released. I would like to know who made it and what it is worth. I saw one a long time ago on Ebay but lost the information. Can anyone help? If so E mail me and I can send a picture if needed. thanks, Ken

Message 32 of 1,793
latest reply

hello, i found a hard plastic mickey,his legs are black Mw/gold treads covering elastic, and a clamp at the end holding a little brown shoe. his hands look like he rode a bike? his back reads walt disney prod. do you he think he might be worth any thing for parts?
Message 33 of 1,793
latest reply

roper333
Enthusiast
Question:
I have a Walt Disney Productions Disney Bank. It is called the "2nd National Duck Bank". It belonged to my grandfather. It has Mickey and Minnie Mouse at the teller window and Donald Duck is the teller. When you slide the window, Donald sticks out his tongue and you put the coin on his tongue. Push the button and his tongue goes inside the bank with the coin. It also has Pinnochio, Pluto, Donald's nephews and Goofy on it. Yellow bank with red roof. Do you know how much this is worth.
Message 34 of 1,793
latest reply

hello again, i have one more quick question. can you tell anything about a black mickey figurine walt disney goodyear tire co. akron ohio. he is missing feet and tail, he looks old and different. thanks
Message 35 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was recently given a Snow White and Seven Dwarf's metal ironing board. It has some markings. Made in 1926 by Wolverine. I was wondering if this is a rare piece and how much it is worth.

ANSWER:
Our records indicate that Wolverine Toy Company (Pittsburgh / Boonville, AL) actually produced toy ironing board sets marked Walt Disney Productions from 1970 - 1983. These sets commonly sell on eBay for $10 - $50; depending upon condition and regional demand.

Dave

Message 36 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a "Secret Panel Chest" from the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. My Brother bought it at least 35 years ago. It is wood and about 5 1/4" long, 3 1/2" wide and 2 1/2 inches tall. It is made out of wood and it has a secret way to open it with a drawer hidden in the back. I would say it is only in fair condition as it has been used and moved and there is a li'l chip in it.
Anyone know anything about this item?

ANSWER:
There were two versions of this box; small & large. There was a Disneyland and Walt Disney World version of the box. It was among the very first Haunted Mansion collectibles sold at Disneyland, and because of the unique design, it remains much in demand today. The smaller box often sells for $75 - $150, depending upon condition. It's one of the great Disneyland souvenirs of all time. Highly desirable!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 37 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hello! I have a porcelain bank. It is Lady from Lady and the tramp. My Aunt gave it to me years ago. She said she got it when the movie originally was released. I would like to know who made it and what it is worth. I saw one a long time ago on Ebay but lost the information. Can anyone help?

ANSWER:
This one's a bit harder to evaluate without seeing the particular item, but here's what our information indicates: Artist Don Winton did design work for Hagen-Renaker on the Designers Workshop Disney ceramics beginning in 1956. "Lady" (approx. 5.25" tall) was one of the porcelain ceramic banks that was produced at that time, along with Thumper, Dumbo, and Figaro. A bank in mint condition from this period would likely be worth $300 - $500, although the market on eBay could be higher or lower, depending upon condition and current demand.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 38 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
hello, i found a hard plastic mickey,his legs are black Mw/gold treads covering elastic, and a clamp at the end holding a little brown shoe. his hands look like he rode a bike? his back reads walt disney prod. do you he think he might be worth any thing for parts?

ANSWER:
This one's tough without a photo, but we are recalling Mickey riding a small plastic old'fashioned bicycle with large front wheel. It certainly had the thin elastic legs that you make reference to. That one was sold in the late 60's thru 70's. It is commonly found on eBay for approx. $10 - $20.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 39 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Walt Disney Productions Disney Bank. It is called the "2nd National Duck Bank". It belonged to my grandfather. It has Mickey and Minnie Mouse at the teller window and Donald Duck is the teller. When you slide the window, Donald sticks out his tongue and you put the coin on his tongue. Push the button and his tongue goes inside the bank with the coin. It also has Pinnochio, Pluto, Donald's nephews and Goofy on it. Yellow bank with red roof. Do you know how much this is worth.

ANSWER:
This is a very nice Disneyana collectible, and is a tin toy from 1953 - 1955 by Chien. Though the market for tin toys varies widely depending upon condition (and availability of the original box!), the piece could easily sell for $75 - $150 or more in good condition.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 40 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
hello again, i have one more quick question. can you tell anything about a black mickey figurine walt disney goodyear tire co. akron ohio. he is missing feet and tail, he looks old and different. thanks

ANSWER:
This one's really a puzzler! Goodyear was never a Disney licensee, but they did produce the early Felix the Cat rubber balloon for the 1927 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Mickey and Pluto joined the parade cast as rubber balloons in 1934. It's possible that this was a model or replica toy of that original balloon, though that's definately speculation on our part. We're open to other input on this one!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 41 of 1,793
latest reply

giznoid
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I have one of the Courvoisier multiplane paintings titled Bambi and Thumper No.5. It is in a papier mache frame and the condition is excellent. Any comments? Thanks...Jeff
Message 42 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi Dave, I have a Lane Disney 5 foot cedar chest in good condition (syle # 2860-82, serial # 2695120 ).It has Mickey handles, on top has Mickey gloves, shoes, shorts. I would like to know opinion on value and best way to sell.

ANSWER:
Lane's Cedar chests featuring Mickey Mouse are very recent; within the past 5 years.

Though the original retail may be $500 - $800, it'll be tough to find a buyer at that level.

Our recommendation would be to buy a Lane Cedar chest; but not with Mickey Mouse on it. Lane produces beautiful, classic keepsake cedar chests, but including Mickey is likely to reduce the number of potential future buyers. Most will want their cedar chest as an heirloom; and they'll want it to fit into any decor. Mickey is likely to be a distraction for those buyers. Even so, you might be fortunate enough to find that one Mickey fan who is passionate for this piece!

It's a nice piece... but it may be a tough one to sell at top dollar.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 43 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi Dave, I have one of the Courvoisier multiplane paintings titled Bambi and Thumper No.5. It is in a papier mache frame and the condition is excellent. Any comments?

ANSWER:
These beautiful vintage pieces represent the golden era of Walt Disney animation. Truly, it's a wonderful piece. Even so, current values don't seem to appreciate their historic significance; likely because their actual animated cel counterparts seem to attract the strongest buyers (and most enthusiastic collectors).

These multiplane (layered on glass; but NOT one-of-a-kind) paintings were intended to reflect the newly developed multiplane camera effects that were developed at the Disney Studio in the 1930's. Due to the overwhelming popularity of Courvoisier / Disney animated cels, these framed multiplane images were a reasoned attempt to satisfy demand for a growing Disney collectibles audience (even in the late 1930's / early 1940's).

Keep a good lookout on the eBay marketplace. These are overlooked treasures that have been known to sell for $250 or less! Definately worthy of attention, and likely to appreciate as original cels grow even further out-of-reach for most collectors.

Thanks for your question!
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 44 of 1,793
latest reply

woods.n.water
Enthusiast
Hi, I'm wondering what the approximate value of this children's table set is. It is dated 1977 Walt Disney Productions. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy & Donald are on the table. Mickey is on each of the chairs. The set is in great shape, there is one 2" crack at the corner of one of the chair seats. any input would be great...Thanks.
Message 45 of 1,793
latest reply