cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

raggedy530
Enthusiast
I have recently acquired some wonderful Walt Disney World collectibles: a framed Jungle Cruise mirror dated 1977, a framed WDW Railroad mirror dated 1975, a framed Cinderella Castle mirror no date and a two-tone Mickey Mouse shaped mirror dated 1986. The JC mirror itself is abot 8"x10" with a wide, light colored, faux bamboo frame. The RR mirror is the same dimensions but in a wide, dark, rustic wood frame. The Cinderella Castle mirror is in a thin wooden frame, same dimensions. The RR mirror has a $30 WDW price tag on the back. I also have a Mickey Mouse shaped mirror- about 30 inches tall, very heavy, backed on black wood, two-toned mirrors make the shape of MM. Each ear, eye, pupil, arm, leg, shoe, etc. is a seperate mirror. I have found nothing on any Disneyana site to give me any idea as to how much these are worth, how rare (or not) these mirrors are, etc. Any info would be helpful! The MM mirror seems to be the most expensive and collectible- it must have been a limited edition. I've never seen anything like it, in the parks or online.
Message 571 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have recently acquired some wonderful Walt Disney World collectibles: a framed Jungle Cruise mirror dated 1977, a framed WDW Railroad mirror dated 1975, a framed Cinderella Castle mirror no date and a two-tone Mickey Mouse shaped mirror dated 1986. The JC mirror itself is abot 8"x10" with a wide, light colored, faux bamboo frame. The RR mirror is the same dimensions but in a wide, dark, rustic wood frame. The RR mirror has a $30 WDW price tag on the back. I also have a Mickey Mouse shaped mirror- about 30 inches tall, very heavy, backed on black wood, two-toned mirrors make the shape of MM. Each ear, eye, pupil, arm, leg, shoe, etc. is a seperate mirror. I have found nothing on any Disneyana site to give me any idea as to how much these are worth, how rare (or not) these mirrors are, etc. Any info would be helpful! The MM mirror seems to be the most expensive and collectible- it must have been a limited edition. I've never seen anything like it, in the parks or online.

ANSWER:
Both Disneyland and Walt Disney World produced a series of these attraction mirrors during the 1970's. The artwork can tend to fade, so care must be taken as to placement out of direct sunlight. The mirrors were more popular among collectors approx. 10 years ago; with prices declining since the launch of eBay. Today, the Disneyland mirrors sell for at least a 25% premium over WDW. The ones you have typically sell for $50 - $75. I have seen the Disneyland RR mirror sell for over $125.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 572 of 1,793
latest reply

greywolfleader
Enthusiast
I have a question please about the haunted mansion secret panel box from Disney world. I am not planing on selling it at this time but I saw the one from disney land listed at $225 what is the disney world worth? it has been used so it is not in mint, but other then that it is in good condition and I have been letting people try to open it. now I am wondering if I should stop and treat this with a lot more respect?
Thank you
Message 573 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a question please about the haunted mansion secret panel box from Disney world. I am not planing on selling it at this time but I saw the one from disney land listed at $225 what is the disney world worth? it has been used so it is not in mint, but other then that it is in good condition and I have been letting people try to open it. now I am wondering if I should stop and treat this with a lot more respect?

ANSWER:
While they were produced at approx. the same time (early 1970's), the Disneyland secret panel box holds the most value and investment potential. As the first of Disney's "Haunted Mansion" attractions, there seems to be a soft spot among Disneyana collectors for this early Disneyland piece from one of the final attractions personally approved by Walt Disney. The value for WDW boxes tends to run approx. 25% - 35% behind the values for Disneyland boxes.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 574 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a OLD disney book titles DON MICKEY... there is no dates in it, does this book hold any collection value? it has been passed on from generation to generation in my family, I am not interested in selling, but I have had no luck anywhere finding any listing for information etc..

ANSWER:
"Don Mickey" and "Donna Minnie" were featured in the 1928 Mickey Mouse cartoon, "Gallopin' Gaucho." Mickey reprised his role in rescuing seniorita Minnie in "Cactus Kid" (1930). Your book is likely from one of those two cartoon shorts. Our records don't reflect a book with your title, leading us to believe that it may be a European issue. It's hard to tell without seeing a picture, but we'd guess that it was likely produced in the mid-1930's. Today's value would vary depending upon publisher, condition, size, and rarity. Most vintage Mickey Mouse books are in the $25 - $200 range. Hope that's of some help...

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 575 of 1,793
latest reply

Question,
Hi Dave, I have a rubber Pluto, His head can turn all around, he squeaks when you squeeze him.

Marking on belly is a circle and a c in the middle Walt Disney Productions and a circle on the end. under that says, made in Japan.

Can you tell me the value, Thank You.

a href="http://www.freeimagehosting.net/">

Message 576 of 1,793
latest reply

Dear Dave, I forgot to ask you how old is Pluto. How would I do a listing for this item, I am new at selling,

Thank You for your help.

Message 577 of 1,793
latest reply

lululoveit
Enthusiast
Hi.......I have a charm bracelet that does not have the typical metal or hard plastic charms. It has 6 charms, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto and they are made of kind of a rubber or silicone, as their little arms and legs will bend. I don't bend them to far as I don't want to risk damage. I can't find a thing about this type of charm anywhere on the web or ebay. Does anyone have any info for me. The charms are brightly colored in their traditional coloring.
Thanks
Message 578 of 1,793
latest reply

barkglass
Enthusiast
question - any idea on when these were produced? they have the original Fantasia stickers on them. I do not think they were ever used. Is there any value to them?
Thanks so much.
Keith - barkglass

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Keith - barkglass
Dinnerware, glassware, old stuff - OH MY!
You have to climb Mt. Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls
Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 579 of 1,793
latest reply

louise20sweep
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I have a 1965 advertising insert from the (now-defunct) Los Angeles Herald Examiner touting Disneyland's "tencennail celebration". On the cover is an intro by Walt, & inside there are photos of current & planned attractions. The back page is interesting, it lists admission prices- $5.00 for Deluxe adult admission, also the summer '65 schedule of performers, mostly big bands, including Harry James,Woody Herman, + Duke Ellington. Also there's an ad on how to redeem S&H green stamps for free admission. Any ideas on it's value? I can't imagine many people would have saved these, but you never know. Thank you in advance, Dave! Jan
Message 580 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi Dave, I have a rubber Pluto, His head can turn all around, he squeaks when you squeeze him. Marking on belly is a circle and a c in the middle Walt Disney Productions and a circle on the end. under that says, made in Japan. Can you tell me the value

ANSWER:
Typically, Pluto doesn't hold a strong value among collectors. In addition, rubber items tend to deteriorate over time, and collectors tend to avoid much competition for these squeakers.

Still, Pluto maintains some popularity, though the squeakers tend to sell for $5 to $15. This item was likely produced in the 60's or 70's.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 581 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a 1965 advertising insert from the (now-defunct) Los Angeles Herald Examiner touting Disneyland's "tencennail celebration". On the cover is an intro by Walt, & inside there are photos of current & planned attractions. The back page is interesting, it lists admission prices- $5.00 for Deluxe adult admission, also the summer '65 schedule of performers, mostly big bands, including Harry James,Woody Herman, + Duke Ellington. Also there's an ad on how to redeem S&H green stamps for free admission. Any ideas on it's value? I can't imagine many people would have saved these, but you never know. Thank you in advance, Dave!

ANSWER:
This piece is fairly common on eBay, and often sells for $10 - $25. In our estimation, it's a undervalued treasure, and could be worth $50 - $75 in the near future. It's a wonderful time capsule of information.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 582 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
question - any idea on when these were produced? they have the original Fantasia stickers on them. I do not think they were ever used. Is there any value to them?

ANSWER:
See post #560. Likely from late 1950's / early 1960's.
Message 583 of 1,793
latest reply

barkglass
Enthusiast
Dave;
I am so sorry, I do not know how I missed you initial reply. Thank you so very much.
Keith - barkglass

Keith - barkglass
Dinnerware, glassware, old stuff - OH MY!
You have to climb Mt. Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls
Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 584 of 1,793
latest reply

noofer
Enthusiast
Hi Dave! A friend found this wonderful bull figurine, and if that isn't Ferdinand, it's a great impersonator! It's unmarked, measures 7 1/4" -- and has that "California pottery look"........Any clues? Thanks!
IDFerd2
IDFerd1
Message 585 of 1,793
latest reply