cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Mr Mason,

Thank you very much for your time and the information.

Tom

View Best Answer in original post

Message 1667 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Mr. Mason was extremely helpful in pin pointing information on my vintage Disney lead mold.Resources like
Mr.Mason are a real treasure to find and a great asset to the discussion panel!
Message 2 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION: I saw your comments at the Disneyana chat room and was wondering about the different trademarks Disney has used over the years. Which ones are old vs new?

Thanks,
Phil

==============================

ANSWER: As far as the basic trademarks....

c. Walt Disney Enterprises
c. Mickey Mouse Ltd.
1930's

c. Walt Disney Productions
1939 - 1984

c. Disney
c. Disney Enterprises
1984 - present

They used a few others used internationally; but those are the basic U.S. trademarks...

Hope that's helpful...
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 3 of 1,793
latest reply

wondering found a Gund Winnie the Pooh plush toy about a year ago at a second hand store. He stands around 10-12 inches tall, He's missing his T-shirt, but other wise he's in pretty good shape. The tag reads:
"SEARS
WINNIE
THE
POOH
Copyright Walt Disney Productions"
and the other side reads:
Gund R(the r is enclosed in a circle)
License No. PA3"

and then it gives washing instructions

I contacted Gund to see if they could give me an appraisal and they replied that they could not. So I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how old he is and how much he might be worth. I have no plans to sell, I just want to know if I should seal him up and put him on display or not.

I appreciated any info you can provide.
thank you,
s.
Message 4 of 1,793
latest reply

vintageaddict2
Enthusiast
I have 18 Schmidt Figurines of Pinocchio and Snow White and were purchased in 1989.
They were valued at Disneyania in 1999? for $4000 each.
Is there any way I can get the current value and the best venue to sell these?
The casting was limited to 1500 and they are all signed, numbered and have COA.
I have searched everywhere... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shary
Message 5 of 1,793
latest reply

tahoepat
Enthusiast
I just acquired a Mickey Mouse Christmas figurine in some collectible stuff I bought and need some help. I can't find any info on it.
It says "Fabriche - KSA Collectibles' on the front of the tag hanging on his arm; inside it tells about the Fabriche sculptors, ect., and on the back it says 'Kurt S Adler, Inc'. It stands approximately 7 inches high and on the bottom of his boot, it has a Walt Disney Company sticker, and it is marked 'c 1989'.
I've looked all over, but can't find any like it. Anyone know anything about it or know where I could find out about it or who to ask?
Thanks for your help!
tahoepat
Message 6 of 1,793
latest reply

In response to the question about the Gund Winnie the Pooh plush...

Gund was a Disney licensee from 1947 thru 1971. As the first Pooh film was released in 1966, this particular plush could have been sold at Sears between 1966 - 1971.

Sears was one of the first stores to heavily promote Walt Disney's "Winnie the Pooh."

While a similar version sold at a Burbank auction for approx. $700 in the late 1990's, the eBay marketplace has somewhat equalized the market and several have sold for less than $100.00. Typically, the range is $50 - $75; depending upon condition.

Hope that's helpful...

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 7 of 1,793
latest reply

In response to the "Fabriche - KSA Collectibles' / Mickey Mouse.

Fabriche is a brand of the Kurt S. Adler company (aka KSA), and would have been produced within the past decade.

Adler have been importing Disney Christmas collectibles for many years, and this item sounds similar to the Fabriche Santa collection. These figures typically retail for approx. $50.

The glut of Disney merchandise in the past 10 years has oversaturated the market, and few items have appreciated as many did prior to 1970. This is a lovely item, and it should be held for sentimental or display reasons; which is always the best reason to have a specific Disney collectible: Because you enjoy it!

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 8 of 1,793
latest reply

The following question was received on Feb. 27, 2004:

QUESTION: I am just curious. How valuable are the ticket books for Disneyland circa 1960's timeframe. Are they worth keeping or selling?

ANSWER: Complete ticket books from the 60's; with admission ticket attached; still sell for approx. $100 - $200.

Individual E tickets often sell for $10 or more. There are various special event tickets that may sell for much more, but that will be due to their specific rarity, desirability and current availability within the marketplace.

Hope that's helpful,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 9 of 1,793
latest reply

I've have this pin since I was a kid (over 40 years ago), How can I tell if it is worth anything?

Message 10 of 1,793
latest reply

re: the Mickey Mouse Club button

This is our FAVORITE Mickey Mouse Club button. Widely produced and distributed during the 1960's, this is the image most closely associated with Walt Disney's classic children's television program, "The Mickey Mouse Club."

The button does not have significant value due to the tremendous numbers of these items that were collected by children and adults alike. It would likely sell on eBay for $5 - $10. Even so, it remains a wonderful reminder of the unforgettable days when Walt Disney was still with us, and the future was bright for Walt Disney Productions.

Sincerely,
Dave

Message 11 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi Vintage--thanks for all the wonderful help you're providing. Could you look at my Donald Duck 30s figurine post below and see if you have any insight? (didn't want to repost it here and bog down thread). Thanks so much!
Message 12 of 1,793
latest reply

The post by chickjul regarding the Donald Duck figurine appears to be a Japanese bisque import; circa 1930's. The simple "copyright Walt Disney" mark was common; and the "2" is likely just a manufacturer's mark; identifying the mold or maker of this piece. The pieces were made by a variety of companies; possibly by George Borgfeldt Co.

Estimates on value are largely dependent upon condition. In 1992, the piece was valued at $225 in the condition as shown. Prices have likely fallen somewhat for this piece as eBay brought several similar pieces to market during that time.

Hope that's helpful!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 13 of 1,793
latest reply

Dave, thanks so much! That is quite helpful. At the very least you've persuaded me to put Donald on a high shelf where he's safe. On his other side is written "Japan," which confirms your ID of his origin. I won't characterize that mark as a numeral 2, since if you're thoughts are correct it's more likely a maker's mark. It looks more like half of an infinity than a 2. I really appreciate your thoughts on this.
Message 14 of 1,793
latest reply

Someone asked for a full pic of Donald, so here he is:

Message 15 of 1,793
latest reply