cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbprint Vaseline Punch Bowl Set

Help with possible maker and age.  

I found one other, currently listed as "unknown" in  amethyst, hobnail and Fenton? 

I have more photos if needed.

Thank you for any suggestionsIMG_1127.JPGIMG_1133.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

as a 40+ year collector of DG, this is a ??. Your picture needs editing and become clearer. Do just one pic of one cup.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

IMG_1130.jpgIMG_1135.jpgIMG_1137.JPG

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I haven't started to look around for you yet on this (looks a little familiar), but i have to wonder if the glasses really go with the bowl?  I know the color seems to be a great match, but they seem too big to be punch cups and it's a little odd that they wouldn't also have the "thumbprint" or maybe even "inverted thumbprint."  I don't profess to be an expert on punch sets, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.  Did the other set you found have these same glasses? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

the set is definitely a marriage of 2 patterns, one being a variation of a thumbprint pattern, perhaps 3 patterns, as the ladle looks to be bit lighter in color. without better pictures, including the base of the cups, the ladle, measurements and black lighting, it is hard to place.
🙂
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The Amethyst Punch set is exacly like this one.  The same Cups with the same bowl however, It is missing the amethyst ladle.

The ladle ties both cup and bowl together in color variations. I will improve my photos but I truly feel this is a complete

set, possibily only missing a bowl liner. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I had this same set. Same bowl, same cups. Still got the cups. Bowl arrived broken. It would be too much of a coincedence that these, including mine, were marriges.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

glass companies market/ed and sold many marriages of differing glass patterns.the glasses and bowl are not matching patterns, but that does not mean they were not sold as sets. 🙂
Message 8 of 8
latest reply