cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure of the maker on these.carnival glass vases...Northwood? don't think so????

2015-05-24 13.28.48.jpg2015-05-24 13.27.56.jpgHi All Glassies...I got these two vases at an estate sale today and they are in great condition.  I am trying to id the makers.  The tallest one with the sloping/graduated edge at the top has the blue under glass  and has no marks.  It is 11" at its highest point. it looks to have three molds marks. ( i will post these pics first)

the other one is not graduated/sloping at the top and has a purple under glass  and also has three mold marks, this one stands about 9.5" and there appears to be just a swirl on the bottom. The pics for this one will be  the set 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.    I don't think they are northwood as there is no mark....please let me know if you have any quetions!

Thanks in advance to all!

Happy Memorial Day!

Christine2015-05-24 13.27.39.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Not sure of the maker on these.carnival glass vases...Northwood? don't think so????

The blue one appears to be a Northwood Tree Trunk swung vase.

It is a little disturbing that it does not have the "N" stamped in the bottom.

Best, Linda

Smiley Very HappyIf you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glasswareSmiley Very Happy

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Better still..... Go to Dave Doty website, or go to google images. You will find a gazillion images of Northwood Tree Trunk Vase to pull information from.

Best, Linda

Smiley Very HappyIf you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glasswareSmiley Very Happy

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you as always Linda- I should just write directly to you....you are the best...thanks and have a great Memorial Day!

Christine

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Christine...
Glad to help. I have confidence that this will set you on the right track.
p.s. I also checked on the ebay site that tells about reproductions. Didn't look like Northwood Tree Trunk has reproductions, but I could be wrong.
Get a magnifying glass and see if you can spot an "N" on the bottom.
Best, Linda
Message 5 of 5
latest reply