cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Fenton(?) Milk Glass 2-Tier Tidbit Serving Dish

I am not a professional anything here, and would like to confirm whether or not this piece is actually made by Fenton.  It has no markings on it, but I have read that Fenton did not begin using markings on their pieces until the 1970's.  Is there any way to determine the actual age?

DSCN1402.JPG

DSCN1399.JPG

DSCN1398.JPG

DSCN1394.JPG

DSCN1392.JPG

If it is actually Fenton, I understand it is the Silver Crest pattern.  In the listing, would you describe it as "ruffled"?  I've also seen the phrase "double-crimped" but I'm not sure that this is the same.

For future reference, is there any way to confirm that a piece without markings is actually by Fenton?  I have a few pieces that I would like to list.  They belonged to my Grandmother, so they would be prior to 1970.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is a two tiered tidbit with ruffled edged bowls#7394. This is in the Collectible Glassware, 40's 50's & 60's Gene Florence Book. 2000 Fifth Edition. This is a beautiful piece of Fenton and should sell for you, if that is your intent. The value of the piece in this book was $75.00. Good luck. Judy

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-FENTON-2-TIER-SILVER-CREST-SERVING-TOWER-DISH-BOWL-NUTS-CANDY-MILK-...

Here is one like yours. Fenton Silver Crest.  Ruffled descibes the edge some are not ruffled.   Nice piece!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This is a two tiered tidbit with ruffled edged bowls#7394. This is in the Collectible Glassware, 40's 50's & 60's Gene Florence Book. 2000 Fifth Edition. This is a beautiful piece of Fenton and should sell for you, if that is your intent. The value of the piece in this book was $75.00. Good luck. Judy
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for your detailed reply!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In listing this, I would say "crimped and ruffled". Also, in my experience, Silver Crest pieces are fairly common and/or less in demand, so that book value is doubtful, esp. since it's 18 years old.
happy selling!
bb
Message 5 of 5
latest reply