cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* Green glass Oil Lamp & Pressed Glass? Vase? Spooner??? *

Can I get some help with these two swapmeet finds?  First is a green glass oil lamp measuring approximately 10"h.  Age/Maker?  Second is....I don't know.  Is it pressed glass?  It is 6 1/4"h and has three seams.  Is it a vase....a spooner....?  Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Lamp is 1800's  - try looking under EAPG twist glass.   There's one on Etsy with clear glass.  The other piece may be a celery because of the height.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much.  Your celery suggestion makes sense.  I wasn't even all that interested in it.  I picked it up to look at it and the vendor immediately said "One dollar!" and....well.....how could I not?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Exactly!    The lamp is being called Barley Twist or Wrythen Twist.   There are several on the web although they do not list the maker.   Really pretty!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I'm glad this got bumped. I had found the celery pattern while looking for something else,  but then I couldn't find your post to reply. It is Imperial No. 7, AKA Optic Flute. 1904. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Now I'm confused.  I googled "Imperial No. 7, AKA Optic Flute. 1904" but I didn't have anything come up that was similar regarding the celery vase.  I'll keep trying!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The ID is from Early American Pressed Glass Society, so it is good. Here is a picture of the pattern in a comport. They don't have a photo of your celery in their files. It don't think it is a real common pattern, so you may not find many out there. Plus, many people don't take the time to ID things correctly. If you are interested in old glass, you might want to check out their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/146031692077139/), however, they are in the process of moving everything over to a website. (EAPGS.ORG)IMPERIAL No. 7 (OMN) AKA: Optic Flute Imperial Glass Co., 1904 Photo by: Kathy Conn TurnerIMPERIAL No. 7 (OMN) AKA: Optic Flute Imperial Glass Co., 1904 Photo by: Kathy Conn Turner

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much.  That's definitely the pattern!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply