Cook's Nook
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a new Discussion
Wagner Ware General Housewares Corp
Wagner Ware General Housewares Corp
Hi. I have some Wagner Ware cast Iron skillets made by General Housewares Corp. They have the rough finish I have seen on some newer cast iron. Will t...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by drmoscetti
Recipe Box
Recipe Box
Does recipe box sell? 
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by imadocent
What are you having for dinner tonight??? Take 3!
What are you having for dinner tonight??? Take 3!
Someone please inspire me. Nothing sounds good and I am fairly certain that my family is tired of fish and soup LOL. I have 1/2 jar of pimentos, a bun...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by tahiti11
Breville Smart Grinder BCG800XL Anyone else with this problem?
Breville Smart Grinder BCG800XL Anyone else with this problem?
The breville smart grinder has become a nightmare for me, so has anyone else had problems with it?I know what is exactly wrong with mine and the sympt...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by gottebp
frosting for a birthday cake
frosting for a birthday cake
Does anybody know how to make a really good buttercream frosting like in the bakery? I had asked my neice who when to chef's school and all she says s...
Yeast with no additives
Yeast with no additives
Does anyone know where I might find dry yeast without sorbitan monostearate? I have looked everywhere for it and have not been able to find any anywhe...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by simisijeni
i have a big dilemma...
i have a big dilemma...
i hope i will get some answers... i enjoy cooking.my biggest dilemma over the years has always been food sticking into pans.yes that is my huge dilemm...
Hello from Chicken Licken- where are all my buddies?
Hello from Chicken Licken- where are all my buddies?
I really want to resurrect some kind of cooks nook forum, whether it be on here or on another site. Where are all my buddies that I made on here? For ...
What's happened to the Cook's Nook?
What's happened to the Cook's Nook?
Something's happening here. The latest topic is dated 12/16/13. Then it goes down go Nov. and then heads even more South. There's no What are you havi...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by chickenlicken0_0
Dried Beef - Can you use regular roast beef:
Dried Beef - Can you use regular roast beef:
Hi - I hope someone still is active on this board (sigh!). We like dried beef and used to be able to buy it from a local market in Maryland. Then we m...
Recipes
Recipes
Does anyone talk about food or recipes here anymore? This used to be such a great place to chat and swap food ideas.....
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by mommy2brenna
Farm raised fish versus wild caught
Farm raised fish versus wild caught
My Dad mentioned that he heard wild caught fish is supposed to have high levels of mercury. I thought about it for a little and realized farm raised f...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by fredi*frogi
is it ok to sell hard candies on ebay?
is it ok to sell hard candies on ebay?
Have pounds of wrapped hard candies that I would like to put on, any regulations or rules I should be aware of? Thanks!
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by goodmerch38
Can I use a can of tuna best used by April 2010?
Can I use a can of tuna best used by April 2010?
Can is in perfect shape. Just noticed it at the back of pantry when putting away 3 new cans I bought on sale. Also need a standard recipie for tuna sa...
Wedding Cake
Wedding Cake
wondering if anyone is still finding their way to the Cooks Nook new location, Just in case here is a pic of the cake I made for my nephews wedding th...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by tallcakes
THANKS. IS THERE ANY KIND OF PLUTONIC E BAY PEN PAL AREA WHERE MEMBERS WANT TO TALK AND COMPARE NOTE
THANKS. IS THERE ANY KIND OF PLUTONIC E BAY PEN PAL AREA WHERE MEMBERS WANT TO TALK AND COMPARE NOTE
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THIS WORKS? randyrockline
NO KNEAD Homemade Bread Your Gonna Love it!!
NO KNEAD Homemade Bread Your Gonna Love it!!
If anyone has not tried the cookbook "Artisan bread in five" and you love to bake ... You will love this book. WoW I now Have Fresh beautiful deli sty...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by maryislgal
Recipe needed! Down Home Chicken Chowder.
Recipe needed! Down Home Chicken Chowder.
This recipe was published in magazines back around '76 or '77. Would have been mags like Family Circle, Woman's Day, or maybe Reader's Digest. I belie...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by johnkd55
Any idea what THIS is???
Any idea what THIS is???
Hello everyone, I hope im in the right place. I was just going through a box of vintage cookware / utensils etc and came across this. I am puzzled as ...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by chezrofe
Any tried & true cranberry recipes?
Any tried & true cranberry recipes?
I forgot we had a couple of bags of fresh cranberries. Found them tonight in that black hole in back of the crisper drawer. Don't particularly need an...
Is goat cheese from 2009 still good?
Is goat cheese from 2009 still good?
Cleaning out my mother freezer and found 6 logs of goat cheese with 2009 use by dates. She must have bought them on sale back then. Are they any good?
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by atikovi
Amie wanted 200 cupcakes for the wedding reception
Amie wanted 200 cupcakes for the wedding reception
My niece Amie was married last weekend and asked me to make 200 cupcakes for the wedding reception. I used my EAPG cake stands for the display on the ...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by tallcakes
International Silver Co Silverplated Set Unidentified Pattern
International Silver Co Silverplated Set Unidentified Pattern
I recently stumbled upon a set of International Silver Company Silver plated Flatware and I wasn't familiar with the pattern. It has little flowers on...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by jermyn_street
Wood Rolling Pin help please
Wood Rolling Pin help please
Hi Everyone! I am looking for information on this Wood Rolling Pin with bent handles. Is it a Ergo Rolling Pin or something else. I appreciate any inf...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by fire4jewel
can anyone help id this pyrex clear glass piece
can anyone help id this pyrex clear glass piece
been all over the web lookin for this and cant find it partialy because im not sure what exsactly it is or what it went to. It mesures roughly 4 7/8 a...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by e_g_sells
Is Le Creuset counterfeited?
Is Le Creuset counterfeited?
Hi, I have come across a small pan, probably around 6", that is orange on outside, including the bottom and cream color on the inside. It is marked on...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by e_g_sells
Can anyone identify these (salt cellars?) and their Hallmarks?
Can anyone identify these (salt cellars?) and their Hallmarks?
Hello everyone,I have two sterling silver items that I believe are salt cellars but I'm not sure and I have no idea what the Hallmarks are. Can anyone...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by 58-mpala
Help With Maker Of Sterling Pepper Mill
Help With Maker Of Sterling Pepper Mill
As it is marked only "Sterling" I guess it is hard to tell the maker and probably would not matter anyway. It is a wooden construction with silver ski...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by newjerseypicker08836
Super Bowl Appetizers
Super Bowl Appetizers
What are you all serving for the Super Bowl. The Mister has me looking for recipes and thought I would ask here too. So far, I only have a thick chunk...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by fourcornersdirect
Help with SMALL enamel bowls, are these old, new are they worth selling TIA
Help with SMALL enamel bowls, are these old, new are they worth selling TIA
First of all if this is the wrong place and board I apologize. I thought these were more modern in shape, then I seen a similar bowl here on the bay t...
by in Cook's Nook | Updated by collectors_2001
Start a new Discussion