cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has everybody gone?

This board used to be quite active and there were a few enthusiastic and quite knowledgeable participants here to offer solution to the questions. This used to be a good place to ask for advise and solution to some of the computer related issues.

But I don't see any of them here now. There was max, dan and power. Had they abandoned this board or just was banned from it because of the nonsense arguements that occurred from time to time.

I personally is giving up because the traffic is not here anymore. If I have a question that needs answer, I don't get it, or don't get it in time to worth my while.

This is definitely a loss for eBay and other users who may rely on this. Sad!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

fun_save ebay has hidden this board so well that folks cannot get here for help ! I and otheres visit daily to see f we can help others but if you look at how long it is between post you will understand. We can onlyhelp those that post!

Jeffy !
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Maybe eBay just want this to die. The way they had hidden this discussion/forum is just like putting your item in the 99th page of the search.

Honestly, they may have done me a favor because I'd found a couple forums (one for coding, the other for hardware) that are much more active.

eBay is doing what they do best . . .  let all good things die!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Hi , seems Ebay has become more retail commercial orientated and as such some within the company may frown upon hosting free advise  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

rog on the old chat when help was requested we could link to the proper part needed on ebay so sales went up ! Now since we cannot be found sales are down. IMHO within a year there will be no private sellers just peeps from China!! In 2 years no ebay!!

Jeffy !
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Other boards have bit the dust as well.

So sad!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

actually Biged* , am surprised that ebay has not bombarded the forum gui void areas with sponsored Seller advertizing based upon devices mentioned in the particular post. They could be more or less selected and uploaded unattended

Also there definately has been a trend away from techy topics , solutions that require opening the case - maybe the owners have become more affluent and/or tech-knowledgable or the machines and os more reliable , and as for informed critique regarding specific company products or multi-billion national projects....

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

roger Bite your tongue!!!! Do not give eBay any ideas!! They can upscrew it just fine by themselves!! LOL

Jeffy !
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

roger Google and utube have done an excellent job of taking the mystery out of computer repair!! Google the problem and you wil find a video showing you how to fix it ! All it takes is patience,confidence and a desire for a feeling of satisfaction as well as saving a few bucks!!

Jeffy !
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Biged*   , youtube solutions tend to be tutorials , but a forum can provide detailed solutions to specific questions for an individual , with dialogue maintained until successful resolution .

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

roger you are correct however the flip side is the question may be unread for days or weeks! The other way the help is available instantly..

Jeffy !
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Average less than one post a day? I'm surprised it's still here. I'm guessing many have left for other online forums, this is still the first place I post a question that's computer related. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I used to be very active on the computer board years ago when I was building computers.  Went to work teaching at the local college and little by little stopped chatting on eBay.  Today, as a lark decided to see if any of my old friends were still around.  I had the hardest time finding the board again.  Makes me sad!  Plus I see no posts here for 2 years!  Maybe I'm in the wrong place?  

Lottie

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

This board died before the change over A couple of members decided they were the only knowing ones and ridiculed many great posters off and away. It was not eBays doing

Message 14 of 14
latest reply