cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this legitimate?

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some advice. I’ve been on the hunt for a new/second hand Apple laptop and today I had a look on ‘completed listings’ to see what price they were selling for. I noticed that yesterday there were 3 different sales of a ‘brand new, sealed’ 2017 top spec MacBook Pro that all sold for exactly £1400 (they retail around £3500). Looking at the photos included they all had some of the same pictures but all three were sold by different people in different parts of the UK. Is this a coincidence or a scam? All 3 sellers have 100% positive feedback. It all just seems a bit too good to be true when lower spec, second hand Apple laptops are going for much more.

Jake

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Is this legitimate?

Since I understand this question was from a while back and just making a note of this scenario. It may look like there are 3 sellers, but it is actually handled by only one seller. There is a hint, notice how the prices are the same? Here is what is going on; as per eBay, sellers that have a single account cannot list the same item twice or more in their listings. Sellers had to do a work around to get their items exposed widespread over other sellers by creating two accounts or more.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply