cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computers

I'm trying to figure out how to make my computer give me the option to run different operating systems  while booting!??

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Computers

I'm assuming you have a bootable install disc/USB or live disk/USB (flash drive) to boot into, if not Rufus, and Balena Etcher are popular windows programs for creating bootable flash drives.
USB boot is usually enabled via the BIOS settings, to change these settings do the following:
Turn the computer off, and then as soon as you turn it on press the F2 key repeatedly until the BIOS menu appears, if it boots normally without displaying the BIOS menu try F8, F12, etc.
(check your computer's manual to find out wich key to press or look for on-screen instructions during boot)
Once you are in the BIOS settings, look for a setting that mentions boot order and/or enable boot from USB.
Make sure USB booting is enabled, and then make sure it is at the top of the list for boot order. Save the BIOS settings, and reboot with a bootable USB/disk attached to the computer.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Computers

Piggybacking on this to add that you could partition a hard drive to install 2 Operating systems. The downside of this is reduced space to work with

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply