cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I type in the body of the posting? I can't click inside the box below this one to type

Kevin A
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

why can't I type in the body of the posting? I can't click inside the box below this one to type

Are you seeing the blue border?

Sometimes you have to be really patient and let this wonky board find it's focus, when the blue border goes away you can enter text.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Is your computer still downloading the blue box? Lately, mine has been so slow and takes awhile.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Kevin A
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Kevin A
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Kevin A
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Are you trying to use quick reply or just reply?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Maybe it has to do with security settings in your browser.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Try opening a different browser. If you are using google chrome, open firefox or internet explorer.

Also make sure you have not added any add-ons to your browser settings. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

OP (@lesubjonctif) - it looks like you are putting your message in the "subject" box. You need to type in the "Body" part. As others mentioned, you should try a different browser. See the screenshot below:postbody.PNG

"no blue border around the box, just gray waited 15 minutes and still can't type in the box"

"slippinjimmy I like your user name! :-)"

https://bio.link/langs
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

His question was, why can’t I type in the body?
He was trying to and it wouldn’t let him.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@lesubjonctif  What device are you using?  I had this problem when the new platform first came online when using my tablet to post...the text cursor never appeared.  Try clicking on one of the options such as font size and see if the text cursor will appear in the body of the posting format ~ that is what worked for me and then one day out of the blue when there was a platform update ~ bam, it just started working normally.  

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Spoiler

Kevin A
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Kevin A
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Kevin A
Message 15 of 17
latest reply