cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for it.....Another board overhaul

Just hit refresh. A pop up appeared welcoming me to the new board. The threads were even narrower than before with a lot of junk on the side and other stuff on the bottom. More junked up than before if that's even possible.

No page numbers. Click on 'show more discussions' instead.  I did that and it took me back to the regular board. Didn't have a chance to take screenshots.

What does that make, 3 major overhauls in 1.5 years.  I guess when the new one comes it will be the new new new normal until the next major overhaul in 3 to 6 months. 

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

We didn't make any adjustments to the boards yesterday, @sandmansales. Which board did the pop-up welcome you to? 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Spacing of the menu navigation was changed this week. There is wide spacing and navigation often wraps to a second line instead of staying on one line as it did before.

before

before.jpg

after

after.jpg

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi @lovtaco0, no board updates were made that would affect the menu. This looks like it's browser related. Can you tell me your browser and platform?

Thanks!

@lovtaco0 wrote:

Spacing of the menu navigation was changed this week. There is wide spacing and navigation often wraps to a second line instead of staying on one line as it did before.

before

before.jpg

after

after.jpg

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@lovtaco0 wrote:

before

before.jpg

after

after.jpg

mine is the same way too. Also, sometimes when I click on one of those links, the page that pops up shows me every category and how many posts each one has. What nonsense. All I was trying to do was go to a different board.

Screenshot (5591) - Copy.png

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

this is why I think doing too many overhauls is nothing but a problem.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hi @7198dave, can you tell me what browser and platform you're on?

@7198dave wrote:

@lovtaco0 wrote:

before

before.jpg

after

after.jpg

mine is the same way too. Also, sometimes when I click on one of those links, the page that pops up shows me every category and how many posts each one has. What nonsense. All I was trying to do was go to a different board.

Screenshot (5591) - Copy.png

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

doug@ebay  Mac / Firefox

I just found that I can double space after an @ tag and the space will show. Single spacing will not. This relates to the other post about the spacing issue.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I'm using IE

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@7198dave wrote:

Spacing of the menu navigation was changed this week. There ismine is the same way too. Also, sometimes when I click on one of those links, the page that pops up shows me every category and how many posts each one has. What nonsense. All I was trying to do was go to a different board.

Thanks for confirming the menu change.

When you click Buying & Selling from the navigation it takes you to a page showing you all of the discussion boards that fall under Buying & Selling - that's not an error. You can use the main menu drop-down navigation at the top if you want to go straight to another board.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@lovtaco0 wrote:

@7198dave wrote:

Spacing of the menu navigation was changed this week. There ismine is the same way too. Also, sometimes when I click on one of those links, the page that pops up shows me every category and how many posts each one has. What nonsense. All I was trying to do was go to a different board.

Thanks for confirming the menu change.

When you click Buying & Selling from the navigation it takes you to a page showing you all of the discussion boards that fall under Buying & Selling - that's not an error. You can use the main menu drop-down navigation at the top if you want to go straight to another board.

But in my case, if I wanted to go to the buying & selling board and I clicked buying and selling link, the page that would pop up was a list of the categories and how many posts were made.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@7198dave wrote:

But in my case, if I wanted to go to the buying & selling board and I clicked buying and selling link, the page that would pop up was a list of the categories and how many posts were made.

There is no Buying & Selling board. There is a Buying & Selling category that contains a Selling board and a Bidding & Buying board. The navigation menu links go to the correct pages.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@lovtaco0 wrote:

@7198dave wrote:

There is no Buying & Selling board. There is a Buying & Selling category that contains a Selling board and a Bidding & Buying board. The navigation menu links go to the correct pages.

oh, pardon me for calling it a board and not a category.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply