cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start a New Discussion button

A lot of older posts are being brough back to life.  This is an ongoing issue.  It makes it a bit challenging as someone here who volunteers my time to help

Why is the gaint main banner a search banner but the Start a New Discussion button in such a weird place?

It doesn't even say search - it says All Content.  Yeah, there is a magnifying glass but not everyone knows that means search - especially people coming to the community for the first time.  (The eBay search bar says Search)

It's just not intuitive for the new or infrequent-to-the-board folks who have questions to ask.

I think they should be reversed - or at least the main banner should be split with both Start a New Topic and Search

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @lintbrush*

Thanks for raising this, I think we addressed this during this weeks chat with the information that we're going to start archiving soon. 

We'll continue to look at the design of the platform and make tweaks where necessary to improve usability over time. 

Thanks! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

lol alan@ebay

since you neglected my post here I brought it up in the WC.  I was feeling invisible  upside_down

Have fun at the eBay event.  Wish I could be there to pester the Community Team.

Have one for me!! Slainte

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much! Maybe see you next year! 

Slainte heart_eyes

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply