cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal: Change Tool&Apps Forum Name to Anything Without App in The Name

Users see "APP" in that forum name and immediately gravitate there and post issues about iOS and Android devices and apps instead of in the appropriate device/OS specific forums.

Results in no help for the user there, and a pointer to the correct forum needing to be posted (by dollybeauty), and wastes everyone's time having to look to see that it's a device app related post that really shouldn't be there.

I don't know what would be a better title.   Seller Tools / Application Programs?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What are the seller tools and applications programs?
Are you all referring to FE, TL, SM and what not.?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yep, TL and FE for sure, and whatever else this forum was intended to support.

Too many posts that drop in Tools&Apps concern problems with the iOS and androids eBay apps, pretty no one there has any answers about problems with those apps, and there are dedicated forums for those apps.

I think that is happening because of the word APPS in the forum title, and many device users don't look around enough to find the dedicated forums, and just stop and post in Tools&Apps when they see apps. It is inefficient use of Tools&Apps users time (checking the forum only to see yet another "I can't buy anything using my iPad" post), and the poster gets no help other than a pointer to the iOS app forum.

It happens, I think" because the posters who are posting in the Tools&Apps forum may have little or no historical perspective on the use of the term "Apps". The oldschool term "Application Programs" is what I believe "Apps" refers to in the Tools&Apps forum title, bot mobile device "Apps". If a poster were to look at all the available forums in the Buying&Selling category, it should be obvious that "Mobile App - iOS" is the best choice for an iPhone eBay app issue, but since Tools&Apps appears first in the presentation order, I think they just stop and post there.

Not a huge deal, just something where a simple change can be made that would clean things up a bit without any collateral damage (other than some broken bookmarks).
Message 3 of 3
latest reply