cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Font Size

Hi there, Doug....I know, you are probably thinking that if it isn't copper-boom, then it's got to be hidy-hoo! Smiley Very Happy

OK, this is the problem ~ I switch font size quite often when posting.  I usually go from the default size font to a font size 5 and then back to a 3...as you can see, when this is done the line spacing is doubled as if I was still using the large size font.  Not earth shaking by any means, but is there any way to fix this?

doug@ebay  

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Problem with Font Size

Hidy, I am tagging on to your post because I think this is a related issue. And we do seem to be the two constantly trying to "fix" these quirks!

When you send a PM the spacing looks normal in the text box when you're typing it, but after you send it there is suddenly double spacing anywhere there is a line break.

There are actually several formatting issues that seem to be related to spacing.

I also see a problem frequently where there appears to be added html that forces text on to the next line even though there is plenty of room on the current line.

It's times like this when I wish we had the HTML tab to fix these things ourselves before posting. Being stuck with rich text only is so frustrating. 😞

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Problem with Font Size

It's times like this when I wish we had the HTML tab

Ruh Roh....  you brought up the dreaded HTML issue that we argued long and hard for since this latest incarnation took place.

The last word from alan@ebay was he'd look into it further and get back to us....  and then the whole board cratered....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Problem with Font Size

@sheba* wrote:

Ruh Roh....  you brought up the dreaded HTML issue that we argued long and hard for since this latest incarnation took place.

The last word from alan@ebay was he'd look into it further and get back to us....  and then the whole board cratered....

Doug@ebay....  please note....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Problem with Font Size

I will look into this, try to duplicate, and get back to you @hidy-hoo.

I believe it's a matter of the HTML generated by the post, not closing a font tag when the fonts are switching.

Thanks also to @sheba* and @copper.boom!

@sheba* wrote:

@sheba* wrote:

Doug@ebay....  please note....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Problem with Font Size

"I believe it's a matter of the HTML generated by the post, not closing a font tag when the fonts are switching."

...and I believe that I will just trust in what you say, because my knowledge of HTML is zip, zero, nada unless there is that very useful little HTML tab that does all the work for me ~ otherwise it is all magic to me! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the update, Doug!  doug@ebay

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Problem with Font Size

I have to experiment more, but I think it's the fact that cutting and pasting can be tricky. I think cutting and pasting is picking up formatting, that is applying to multiple items.

For example, if you're highlighting a line of text to change the formatting, if your highlight goes past the line of text, the formatting could apply to the next line.

I was able to post two cat pics side by side, the same ones you used, but I had to insert each, and backspace the second to line up side by side with the first, if that makes sense.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

"I believe it's a matter of the HTML generated by the post, not closing a font tag when the fonts are switching."

...and I believe that I will just trust in what you say, because my knowledge of HTML is zip, zero, nada unless there is that very useful little HTML tab that does all the work for me ~ otherwise it is all magic to me! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the update, Doug!  doug@ebay

Message 7 of 7
latest reply