cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Times Not Appearing on Forum Pages If Not Signed In

I don't sign into the community forums unless actually posting (partially due to the %$&# survey popup that won't die, mostly because it appears that being signed in results in a noticeable performance hit). Noticed this a while back. Assumed it was due to use of Firefox v3.6.24, but that is not the case.

ebay_forums_no-post-times-showing.gif

Only occurs on thread list pages as seen above (on individual thread pages the posts have post times showing signed in or not.)

Occurs in the following Firefox versions I tested: 3.6.24, 11, 31, and 52

In addition to there being no post times (only dates) when not signed in, note that the formatting is different (really neither here nor there for me since I aggressively reformat it all anyway in practice).

Anyone else seeing this (no post times)?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There was some Lithum bug a week or so ago, where post times were missing, but it is fixed now. I see times signed in and out.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hmmm. Are you using Firefox? If so, what version?

It sure isn't "fixed" here for any Firefox version I run. Unless it works correctly only for Firefox 53 and newer (which I can't run).

(FF 52 was released Mar 7, 2017 so pretty sad if already abandoned 🙂

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

I am not seeing timestamps on board level topics when I am signed out on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. 

I don't think that this has changed recently, as far as I can remember, this has been the treatment for signed in vs. signed out. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the response Alan.

pirate_snoopy claims to see timestamps signed out.

I can't remember with all the board changes over time, my 6 month board "vacation", the fact that I disliked the new format so much I pretty much didn't come back when pardoned for my sins until I took the time to undo some of the "new" client side, my use of 2 browsers (sometimes signed in sometimes not), along with also reading on my phone , but I'd swear timestamps were there before one of the big forum changes (which I think is also when I also lost the ability to post using FireFox 3.6.24, or on my 10 month old Win10 phone using latest Opera Mini)

If there are timestamps on the individual posts on thread level pages, why can't that info populate on board level pages?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Thanks for the response Alan.

pirate_snoopy claims to see timestamps signed out.

I can't remember with all the board changes over time, my 6 month board "vacation", the fact that I disliked the new format so much I pretty much didn't come back when pardoned for my sins until I took the time to undo some of the "new" client side, my use of 2 browsers (sometimes signed in sometimes not), along with also reading on my phone , but I'd swear timestamps were there before one of the big forum changes (which I think is also when I also lost the ability to post using FireFox 3.6.24, or on my 10 month old Win10 phone using latest Opera Mini)

If there are timestamps on the individual posts on thread level pages, why can't that info populate on board level pages?

It's most likely how the core Lithium platform works. 

@*coins, please let me know which browser you're using if you're seeing topic timestamps on the board level when you're signed out. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply