cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please allow a sellers to make their purchased items "private" in the feedback!

Please allow a seller to make their purchased items "private" in the feedback!

I don't want to have to have separate accounts for my sells and purchases, but I do NOT want my buyers to see items I may purchase for reselling or my very personal items.   I have no problem with the feedback being there to show I am a credible buyer but I would like to be able to control the purchased item view in feedback.

Further, as a seller of a personal product that helps the ease social stigma, I am sure many of my customers would love to purchase but keep the item in private. 

This avoids separate accounts for buying and selling.  I know the buyer's feedback and sellers feedback can be isolated for review, but they still show the items purchased.  If I private my purchases then I cannot sell which is forcing me to either set up an additional account and lose my account status to keep my purchases private.  This situation is not motivating me to make my personal purchases on eBay if the whole world and all my buyers can see that I am trying to lose weight, or if I have a health care issue, or if I bought the item I am now reselling to them.  Allow us to have the option to make item views private, the feedback can remain.  Hope you guys make this a policy it will make privacy of transaction more flexible, and private which is one of the main reasons many people buy online instead of local retailers is the ability to be discreet.

Thanks in advance.

Gregory Wilson 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@4finetreasures wrote:
 ...  I know the buyer's feedback and sellers feedback can be isolated for review, but they still show the items purchased.  ...

Information about your purchases is visible only to you.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"Information about your purchases is visible only to you."

--------

True, but

Anyone can read the ID of the sellers in the OP's buying fb ... and ...

if any of them Only have weight loss listings currently offered

then it's safe to assume that the OP did buy something like that.

fwiw,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@4finetreasures wrote:
 ...  I know the buyer's feedback and sellers feedback can be isolated for review, but they still show the items purchased.  ...

Information about your purchases is visible only to you.

True, to an extent. There is a way to see some items through feedback if one wants to take the time.

@4finetreasures

You really need to rethink having seperate accounts and not just for privacy concerns. If you have a problem with a seller you bought from he could retaliate by buying something from you and causing problems. It's against policy but it has been known to happen.

It's not that difficult, you can have the same Paypal account but you will need a different email address to open the account with eBay. It takes just minutes to do. Most of us here have 2 or more accounts. There is no downside to starting with a new buying account. Sellers can't refuse to sell to you because you have no feedback on that account. Feedback means nothing on a buying account since buyers can only receive positive remarks.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@18704d wrote: ...read the ID of the sellers in the OP's buying fb ... and ...

if any of them Only have weight loss listings currently offered

then it's safe to assume that the OP did buy something like that....

If you're truly snoopy, go to the seller's feedback history and do a search for the text of the feedback left by the buyer.  That will show you the specific listing title.  But that's not what the oP was about.

The only solution to keep your purchases private is to use a separate ID, which IMHO is not that complicated.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@4finetreasures

Two accounts is the way to go.

I ran into situations where I was afraid to leave factual feedback when making  purchases on my selling account fearful of retaliatory feedback. I now have a buying account.

Wife has had situations where less than positive should be left for a seller, but does not want to separate the account, so she can not leave deserved feedback for some sellers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Personally I don't think buyers should be able to have Private FB in the first place.  It is the internet afterall.  Hard to keep secrets here.  I know some buyers have good reasons for wanting their FB private, like those that buy adult products.  I get that.  But what I find when buyers purchase from me and they have Private FB, often time [not all] they are a bit more problematic to deal with.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply