cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Status Message

Hi, Doug...I have a question about the privacy setting for showing a posters online status.  I was under the impression that when you checked the box for "no one" to see your "online status" that all references to your online status would be eliminated, but that doesn't seem to be the case because even though the "currently online" message does not show, directly under a posters helpful and post count, there is a message that states the date of your last visit which pretty much makes the privacy setting useless, imo.

online status.PNG

Would it be possible to eliminate that date if you have checked the "no one" box for showing your online status?  doug@ebay

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Online Status Message

Stealth Hidy

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

Smiley Very Happy

Yup, lint, the current setup makes my secret agent status null and void!

Related image

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@hidy-hoo I will look into this and get back to you.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Hi, Doug...I have a question about the privacy setting for showing a posters online status.  I was under the impression that when you checked the box for "no one" to see your "online status" that all references to your online status would be eliminated, but that doesn't seem to be the case because even though the "currently online" message does not show, directly under a posters helpful and post count, there is a message that states the date of your last visit which pretty much makes the privacy setting useless, imo.

online status.PNG

Would it be possible to eliminate that date if you have checked the "no one" box for showing your online status?  doug@ebay

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

I know this thread is old but I was looking for information about online status and this is what came up. This thread was not resolved so I am adding to it instead of starting a new thread.

I noticed a timestamp today that looked new to me. The screenshot in the OP is without a timestamp so I guess they did change it recently to provide even less privacy. doug@ebay

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, now it shows the time of day you last logged in.  Fine example of "be careful what you ask for," har.

timestamp.png

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

@Anonymouswrote:

Yep, now it shows the time of day you last logged in.

It shows the time of day you last made any action when logged in including clicking on a thread to read. It shows when somebody is currently online and active and defeats the purpose of changing the privacy setting "show online status to" all, friends, or no one.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@hidy-hoo, very sorry I didn't get back to you.

I believe Online Status and Last Visited are unrelated, in terms of settings. I've reached out to Lithium to see if there is a way to hide your Last Visited info.

Thanks!

@hidy-hoo wrote:

online status.PNG

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

@lovtaco0wrote:
@Anonymouswrote:

Yep, now it shows the time of day you last logged in.

It shows the time of day you last made any action when logged in including clicking on a thread to read. It shows when somebody is currently online and active and defeats the purpose of changing the privacy setting "show online status to" all, friends, or no one.

Anybody can just friend you to see your online status then...that option seems pretty useless, imo.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@hidy-hoo,

1. Online_status - It shows the current status of a user if he/she is online or offline
2. Last Visited - It user is offline, it shows the last time when a user logged in.

There is not a user setting that allows you to hide Last Visited Time.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

online status.PNG

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

Smiley Mad

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

doug@ebaywrote:

Last Visited - It user is offline, it shows the last time when a user logged in.

There is not a user setting that allows you to hide Last Visited Time.

Doug, can Lithium at least remove the time stamp? It used to show only the date.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

doug@ebayany chance you have an answer to my above question? Can Lithium at least remove the time stamp? It used to show only the date.

Also, why is the space between an @ mention and the next word not recognized when the @ is the first line in a sentence? Above I entered a space between your name and the word any, but when I click Post that space will disappear.

doug@ebaythe space here will not be recognized because the tag is the first word in the sentance.

But doug@ebay the space will show here because the tag is not the first word in the sentence.

doug@ebay, here the space will be recognized because I put a comma after the tag.

Sorry for all the tags - they were necessary to demonstrate the technical issue.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Online Status Message

Hi @lovtaco0 and @Anonymous,

The move from the date only timestamp was intentional and we have no plans to change it.

@re the @ mentions at the beginning of sentences and spacing, I'll have to look into that.

@lovtaco0 wrote:

doug@ebayany chance you have an answer to my above question? Can Lithium at least remove the time stamp? It used to show only the date.

@Also, why is the space between an @ mention and the next word not recognized when the @ is the first line in a sentence? Above I entered a space between your name and the word any, but when I click Post that space will disappear.

doug@ebaythe space here will not be recognized because the tag is the first word in the sentance.

But doug@ebay the space will show here because the tag is not the first word in the sentence.

doug@ebay, here the space will be recognized because I put a comma after the tag.

Sorry for all the tags - they were necessary to demonstrate the technical issue.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply