cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

Why when you click on the bell 🔔, it takes you to the last post instead of last post read?

why when you click on the bell 🔔, it takes all the blue border things away after you look at only one?

Say you have 25 notifications, you look at 1, now,  what 24 didn't I read?

Can the blue bar or whatever that thing is remain until it's read, yet not show up as new in the notifications bell 🔔 

Can we get something that shows we replied to a thread on the front page w/o going into notifications?

alan@ebay and team

Hope that made sense.

Thanks

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Notifications

Hey Love - I'm not sure if I understand everything here - mind if I clarify?

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

Why when you click on the bell 🔔, it takes you to the last post instead of last post read?

@If I am looking at a board notification and click on an item, it takes me to whatever post was marked helpful or whatever post included an @ mention, even if it's on page 1 of a 10 page thread. Is that what you're referencing? If so, that's how it's supposed to work - takes you directly to the post that prompted the notification.

why when you click on the bell 🔔, it takes all the blue border things away after you look at only one?

Yes. My way around that is to open notifications, then open the post with the notification in a new tab. For mac it's cmnd + click on link. For PC I think it's ctrl + click on link but if that's wrong then you can google it.

Can the blue bar or whatever that thing is remain until it's read, yet not show up as new in the notifications bell 🔔 

I agree that it would be great to leave the highlight on posts until we click through. The bell can change from red back to black, but the posts within notifications can remain highlighted until we click on them.

Can we get something that shows we replied to a thread on the front page w/o going into notifications?

Does this mean you want some sort of marker on a topic from the forum page (arrow, star, or something) to indicate you have posted to that thread in a similar way that the eBay logo appears when a blue posts? That's an interesting idea!

alan@ebay and team

Hope that made sense.

Thanks

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

On the 1st one, the @ and helpful does as you mentioned.
It's when it says xxx&8 others have replied. It goes to the xxx person, skipping the other 8. So you have to scroll back up to were you left off.

You got the others.
Nothing of major importance, but I find that they would be helpful.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

I agree, they would be helpful!

Okay, I see what you mean for the first one. I don't get that type of notification - maybe I have it turned off in settings.

It sounds like it's operating the same way the helpful and tags do though... it's jumping to the last post that triggered the notification. If you see it when 1 person replied it will take you to that 1st reply. If you see the notification after 4 people have replied then it will jump to that 4th post since it was the last one to trigger the notification creating the need to scroll up.

You're right that it would make more sense to have the "jump to" feature in that hyperlink to last read instead of last notification.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

‎06-01-2017 05:39 AM copper.boom and 2 others replied to topic Re: Fixed Price Listing Renewals (UA Update)
Takes me to the last post. I know I'm about 200 posts behind. Haven't looked at it for a couple of weeks.

Not sure what settings you have that you don't receive them.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

LOL. You are not missing ANYTHING in the last 200 posts of that thread. Alan added the most relevant info from that thread to the first post. The last several pages are people complaining or not understanding what was explained upthread.

I think this might be the setting that triggers that type of notification. I have it turned off.

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 9.15.11 AM.png

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

Bump for Community Team 🙂

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

alan@ebay and team

Hope that made sense.

Thanks

alan@ebay

Fixed it for ya.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

alan@ebay

@*coins

Wonder why mine didn't work. 

Looks like it only worked on snoopy this time too. Hmm

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

alan@ebay

@*coins

@loveyourimagination49

@You have to do alan@ebay. Two @s.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

Never had to do that before. They always seem to reply. Maybe just seems like they did. Oh well

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

alan@ebay

@*coins

@love, I remember @s to the Blues used to appear that way when the boards changed format. It's possible he was still notified even though it doesn't look like he was.

Regardless, Alan said in chat today that the Blues would address the 4 threads on this board which did not receive responses from them yet (now 5 since I had to go and add another to the mix - I'm such a pain in their behinds). That's why I gave the four threads a bump - easy visibility. 😉

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

Never had to do that before. They always seem to reply. Maybe just seems like they did. Oh well

@Typed too slow. Well there's your answer. You forgot the @. You must have been calling them to threads telepathically in the past. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

😂
I got your back, keep it up!
They asked for it!

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Notifications

😂
I got your back, keep it up!
They asked for it!

LOL- with my endless suggestions they didn't know what they were getting themselves into!! Smiley LOL

At least I try to space them out and not overwhelm them. You know, give them time to get something in motion before bombarding them with more ideas.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply