cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Soapbox Id's

I have a question.  Can folks have multiple id's for the purpose of avoiding sanctions?

I only poset with one id but have noticed some have three.  I believe they've started these to avoid a sanction.

I would love to have an answer for this, could help so many.

"Donald Trump gave up his wealth for America. Joe Biden gave up America for his wealth."
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Multiple Soapbox Id's

I’m not sure what you mean by “avoid sanctions”? How would someone avoid a sanction by having multiple IDs? We can post here with multiple IDs BUT.....

if You get banned from the community, whether it be temporary or permanent, you may not use another ID to post on the boards. I’m not sure if that’s what you mean? If I get banned under this ID, I cannot use another ID to post here. It’s written in the community guidelines. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Multiple Soapbox Id's

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @ruloinfovoter,

Using multiple IDs to circumvent restrictions is not permitted. If you'd like to send me a PM with details or report a post made by one the IDs, we can look into it.

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Multiple Soapbox Id's

Some people have several seller IDs  and I've seen occassionally they will post under one of the other seller IDs.  I think it's more of carelessness than trying to avoid sanctions....

Also, f posters  have had  their sales messed up by others, so they started using "posting IDs" to prevent those kinds of problems.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Multiple Soapbox Id's

Before Lithium took over the Boards, we had someone who created more than 70 IDs to troll the Barbie Collectors Group. When Lithium took over they managed to finally shut him down. But yes, theoretically it's still possible for someone to roll through many IDs. All they have to do is keep creating throwaway email addresses.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Multiple Soapbox Id's

Yes and there were those that would post on the same listing with multiple IDs just so they could agree with themselves on the threads.  That was fun?!?!?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 6 of 6
latest reply