cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login issue

Hello.

There is a log-in issue live in the community currently (5:33 pm pacific, Sept 17). Members who are logged in may be seeing a pop up asking them to to approve access to files. Members who are logged out can still view community but cannot log in.

Developers from both eBay and Khoros (the community software vendor) are working on this now. We will update when we know it is fixed.

Thank you

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Login issue

As of 6:10 PM pacific we are not able to reproduce this error any more. We believe it's fixed but if you run into any other problems please continue to update this thread. 

Thanks all

Rebecca,

View Best Answer in original post

Message 25 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Login issue

Now I am wondering what exciting changes are coming

gwzcomps_0-1600392180598.gif

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

Literally nothing, it was planned backend work. Sorry. I'll try to get something more fun next time the site breaks. 😁

@gwzcomps wrote:

Now I am wondering what exciting changes are coming

Rebecca,
Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

Good morning.

Here is what we know today. There was a bug last night preventing login, which was resolved at about midnight. Today as of the morning of the 18th, some, maybe most members are seeing an interstitial asking Grant Application Access. This is a real permission setting from eBay, and while annoying is not risky for your personal information or your account. We are checking to see if it can be turned off or is required from a legal perspective. 

Thanks!

Rebecca,
Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

rebecca@ebay 

There must still be a problem as I’m unable to log in with my main ID.  This ID bypassed the ‘permission’ page and I logged in without a problem.  When I click on the ‘I accept’ on my usual ID it brings me back to the main community page not signed in.  It’s an endless loop.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

Ok thank you for reporting that, we'll pass the word. 

@pam.i.am wrote:

rebecca@ebay 

There must still be a problem as I’m unable to log in with my main ID.  This ID bypassed the ‘permission’ page and I logged in without a problem.  When I click on the ‘I accept’ on my usual ID it brings me back to the main community page not signed in.  It’s an endless loop.

Rebecca,
Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

@pam.i.am wrote:

rebecca@ebay 

Same here. I can log in with my selling ID on both Chrome and Safari but I can't log in with my posting ID on either Chrome or Safari. 

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

rebecca@ebay 

This is definitely not fixed yet. I have been trying to get logged in since very early this morning with my selling ID that I always use for these boards (readabouthorses) and all I get is the run around to that screen to hit Accept which just runs you around and back to it again.

After a few tries I was able to get logged in with this ID which has never been used to buy or sell on eBay.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

rebecca@ebay 

This is not solved for me.  I cannot log in with my Golfingaddict or golf-usga account and all I get is a loop with that permissions page. 

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

rebecca@ebay

Yeah, this is definitely not fixed as of the afternoon of 9/18.  I keep getting that permissions page when trying to sign in with my selling ID (posting ID signs in just fine though).  No matter what I click on that permissions page it just keeps sending me in an endless loop and does NOT allow me to sign in to the boards.  Please actually get this fixed.  Also please explain the wording on that permissions page...What exactly does this phrase mean..."When you agree, you're letting us share your eBay account data with US Community, and you're letting US Community act on your behalf on eBay".  I mean that phrase alone is super scary to me.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

rebecca@ebay    There for sure is still an issue.   I can post with this new account that I just created, at least for now.   I of course will not be able to access this mentor boards with the new ID since it's not approved

When trying to use my other account I am stuck in a sign in loop even when I agree to the new pop up

This is my regular ID.  

comics-scifi-collectibles 

This is a posting ID
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

Agreed, this is not yet fully fixed. We are looking into it. 

@carol-in-carolina wrote:

rebecca@ebay 

This is definitely not fixed yet. I have been trying to get logged in since very early this morning with my selling ID that I always use for these boards (readabouthorses) and all I get is the run around to that screen to hit Accept which just runs you around and back to it again.

After a few tries I was able to get logged in with this ID which has never been used to buy or sell on eBay.

Rebecca,
Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

The sign in is still messed up. I signed in with this ID no problem, and it didn't ask me to sign the Grant Access form. But I want to be able to sign in with my posting ID where I'm a Community Mentor and a member of the Community Expert board. Over 20 years on eBay and I've never encountered such a problem signing in. I messaged you earlier today on your eBay messages asking if there's a back door or a work around to get here. Thanks

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

It seems Lithium has really messed things up. I can't sign in with my selling account and thus cannot access the MP or Powerseller boards.

Not holding out much hope that they'll work on it over the weekend....

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Login issue

The section you quote is saying, "you are letting the community software log you into your ebay.com account at the same time, automagically, and you don't need to reenter your ebay.com [password in order to get logged on to community." It's known as SSO Single Sign-on and is how for many sites (not just eBay) you can be in different parts of the site and not have to log into areas that might be powered by different underlying technology. Usually its mostly seamless and invisible to a site's users. The wording's not very user-friendly, I agree.

We continue to look into what's happening that is forcing this login loop. Will keep everyone posted, and updating with what I know, as the situation evolves.

@modulok! wrote:

rebecca@ebay

Yeah, this is definitely not fixed as of the afternoon of 9/18.  I keep getting that permissions page when trying to sign in with my selling ID (posting ID signs in just fine though).  No matter what I click on that permissions page it just keeps sending me in an endless loop and does NOT allow me to sign in to the boards.  Please actually get this fixed.  Also please explain the wording on that permissions page...What exactly does this phrase mean..."When you agree, you're letting us share your eBay account data with US Community, and you're letting US Community act on your behalf on eBay".  I mean that phrase alone is super scary to me.

Rebecca,
Message 15 of 38
latest reply