cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information left OUT of Seller Release......

Alan, don't know to whom to address this:

I'm really perturbed over some info that apparently is NOT in the update......it's not small stuff.....

So far: 

Starter store tier....  unsaid is that fvf are the same as non stores.....

Seller Protection........

Starting June 1, 2018, when you offer free returns, you'll have greater control to manage your business, and you can decide to issue partial refunds to buyers. For example, if a buyer uses or damages an item and returns it, you can decide to issue a partial refund and we'll take it from there. If a buyer escalates a case, we'll take care of it for you so you can focus on your business. Plus, we'll protect your reputation from any negative feedback.

unsaid in the above is that the partial has to be 50% or above.........

There are many who will never read the boards, who will read what's published now and never come back to see corrections......

But I would hope corrections would be made and some examination made as to why this basic info was not included.  When it concerns $$$, every effort should be made to be totally transparent or ebay will get even more of a bad rep with sellers.....

just my opinion. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for your feedback, @dhbookds. I'll share it with our Seller Update leads. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

Seller Protection........

Starting June 1, 2018, when you offer free returns, you'll have greater control to manage your business, and you can decide to issue partial refunds to buyers. For example, if a buyer uses or damages an item and returns it, you can decide to issue a partial refund and we'll take it from there. If a buyer escalates a case, we'll take care of it for you so you can focus on your business. Plus, we'll protect your reputation from any negative feedback.

unsaid in the above is that the partial has to be 50% or above.........

In addition, it does not say what Ebay would do if the buyer escalates a case in the event of a partial refund due to sending back a damaged or ussed item, it just says Ebay will take it from there.  What would happen in the event the buyer then goes to Paypal or disputes the charge with their credit card company.   

Message 3 of 3
latest reply