cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful button missing

http://community.ebay.com/t5/The-Soapbox/Lookie-whose-in-the-top-five-quot-most-helpful-quot-Yours-T...

@doug

doug@ebay

Not sure how to tag him. LOL

Why was the helpful button removed from this thread? It seem a bit odd. 

I can't imagine that a moderator would remove a button, simply because people are laughing, and clicking that button more often than usual. 

I am not what you think I am. You are what you think I am.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Helpful button missing

Good question; I don't see any helpful buttons in that thread.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Helpful button missing

Good question; I don't see any helpful buttons in that thread.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

Please see this reply as to why the helpfuls button is no longer on the thread.  Thanks.

*Edited to correct link.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

@crimsonleopard

@crimsonleopard wrote:

Please see this reply as to why the helpfuls button is no longer on the thread.  Thanks.

Please note that when I click your "this reply" link, I get an access denied error.

Can you just explain the reason?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

I updated my earlier post to correct the link, sorry about that. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

Thank you.  It was pretty much as I suspected.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

@tcmsecretuserid wrote:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/The-Soapbox/Lookie-whose-in-the-top-five-quot-most-helpful-quot-Yours-T...

@doug

doug@ebay

Not sure how to tag him. LOL

Why was the helpful button removed from this thread? It seem a bit odd. 

I can't imagine that a moderator would remove a button, simply because people are laughing, and clicking that button more often than usual. 

Hi @tcmsecretpsid, if you're trying to reach Doug it's doug@ebay

You could also ask alan@ebay

Photobucket
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

Thanks Polly, I don't usually try to notify ebay or the mods about trivial matters. 

alan@ebay

Is there some reason why one set of posters are allowed to click the helpful button 200-400 times a day, but others are being accused of  helpful clicker abuse? 

Is there REALLY a rule about that? 

One post, one button. Anybody can click it at any time. Nothing abusive about it. 

Unless of course, a zero FB sock is doing it... oh wait... no that is allowed too. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

Photobucket
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

I'd like to know also Tcm. There is one poster alone that has given one of the 'leaders' on the leaderboard over 400 clicks, but their 'helpfuls' have not been removed for 'abuse'. and others that are currently on the leaderboard also have multiple 'helpfuls' given by select posters. Why wasn't this rule in place for them?

Photobucket
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

I thought I was supposed to click the solved button? 

My question is not solved by a long shot. 

Alan@ebay

doug@ebay

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

I think if you go to the post that was 'solved' and click the options button, that you can remove the 'solved' part Tcm. 

Photobucket
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

@tcmsecretuserid wrote:

Thanks Polly, I don't usually try to notify ebay or the mods about trivial matters. 

alan@ebay

Is there some reason why one set of posters are allowed to click the helpful button 200-400 times a day, but others are being accused of  helpful clicker abuse? 

Is there REALLY a rule about that? 

One post, one button. Anybody can click it at any time. Nothing abusive about it. 

Unless of course, a zero FB sock is doing it... oh wait... no that is allowed too.  

Hi @tcmsecretpsid

Before I begin, I will call out that we do not discuss moderation action taken on other users accounts for privacy reasons. 

We did take action on a thread in The Soapbox recently as we had reason to believe that users were misusing the Helpful feature. 

Many users in our Community give up their time to help others, they post great advice and tips to help others grow their eBay businesses, and as a result, these users receive Helpfuls organically.

If a user gives another member 100s of Helpfuls in a short number of hours, we have reason to believe that the Helpful feature is being misused. For that reason, the moderation team will take action, the most likely course of action is that they will remove the Helpfuls given.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

I see. 

So, only one thread with several helpful clicks is under penalty? 

The Soapbox is a group board, not a sellers, or buyers board. 

I can understand why you would remove the excessive helpful clicks the day after that thread was locked. But.. for the life of me, I do not know why one thread was locked. 

I will remember this new rule for the future, and thank you for your time. 

Which moderator shall I contact when I see this abuse happening? Thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Helpful button missing

Hi @tcmsecretpsid

The moderators took action on the thread that we had most issue with.

You can private message me with your concerns at any time. 

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply