cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Previous Posts Not Working

doug@ebay  Good morning, Doug...When I click on my profile or my ID my previous posts are shown but when I click on the title of the thread/post, I am taken to the "beginning" of the thread and not MY post.  I noticed this last Friday.  It isn't just my posts and is happening for any ID that I check...glitch?  I am using Chrome on win7.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for reporting @hidy-hoo. This looks like a bug. I've passed it over to Lithium so they can take a look.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

doug@ebay  Good morning, Doug...When I click on my profile or my ID my previous posts are shown but when I click on the title of the thread/post, I am taken to the "beginning" of the thread and not MY post.  I noticed this last Friday.  It isn't just my posts and is happening for any ID that I check...glitch?  I am using Chrome on win7.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

Thanks for reporting @hidy-hoo. This looks like a bug. I've passed it over to Lithium so they can take a look.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Indeed...go get 'em!

Related image

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I can't seem to catch this with my mouse...Related image

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

"A squeaky wheel...eventually...gets oiled."  doug@ebay

Image result for wheel gifsqueek, squeek, squeek!  Any news on when this bug will be squashed?  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Related image

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@hidy-hoo thanks for the reminder. I bumped this on the Lithium side. They've been unable to duplicate it our testing environment so we're going to do some testing on the live site.

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Related image

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

doug@ebay  Hi, Doug...the only testing required is to click on your ID to see your previous posts and then click on a particular post and you will be taken to the beginning of the thread and not to "your" post... so please try it yourself and let me know if it is just me that is experiencing this glitch...win 7 Chrome 

This feature is especially helpful to new community members posting for the first time to help them get back to the thread that they started ~ the "how to" info is offered quite often to new posters but isn't much help when they don't land on their post.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not just you, I have a tablet with chrome, a desk top with windows 10 edge and one with windows 7 chrome, opera & ie.  Same results now for almost TWO months.

It is especially bothersome in threads that are quite long.  Actually, useless at that point.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

No real update on this right now, Lithium is still working to fix it. Agreed that it is a handy feature - I miss it! cry

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, the feature doesn't work from the Helpful Received For Posts and Helpful Given To Posts pages, either.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the additional info, @Anonymous!

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Feature seems to be working now, from both user posts page and helpfuls pages.  Hope you got a discount on your final value fees from Lithium for the past 2 months Smiley Wink.

alan@ebay

doug@ebay

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I'm soooo happy that this was fixed! The platform did receive an update late last week, and this bug fix was one of the updates included. You bringing it to our attention enabled a quicker fix, thank you @hidy-hoo!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Message 15 of 15
latest reply