cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my private information removed from these forums

There are a few threads on this forum where people are sharing my personal phone number despite me having no business relationship with the eBay user in question.  I have been reporting this for months and they never get removed.  How do I actually get this information removed?  It is against the rules 8, 9, and 10 but the mods refuse to take action.  I don't care about the content of the messages, I just want my personal details purged from this forum.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rydan313@  wrote:

There are a few threads on this forum where people are sharing my personal phone number despite me having no business relationship with the eBay user in question.  I have been reporting this for months and they never get removed.  How do I actually get this information removed?  It is against the rules 8, 9, and 10 but the mods refuse to take action.  I don't care about the content of the messages, I just want my personal details purged from this forum.

alan@ebay and doug@ebay -- would you please reach out to @rydan313 and get the details from him so you can investigate this? I don't think he wants to post the link publicly.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@rydan313

I'm not sure how you are reporting the posts; the moderators usually respond within a few hours.

The best way to report is by hovering over the . . . Options at the top right of the post that has your phone number, and choose Report Inappropriate Content from the drop-down list.

If that hasn't or doesn't work for you, then please reply again and let us know that so we can do something else. 

image.png

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That's the way I've been doing it.  It is the only way that I'm even aware to report.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Can you provide an example of a post (the URL link) that has your phone number in it, please?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@rydan313@  wrote:

alan@ebay and doug@ebay -- would you please reach out to @rydan313 and get the details from him so you can investigate this? I don't think he wants to post the link publicly.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

How did they get your phone number if you never did business with them?

The mods are usually really good about removing anything that breaks the rules.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks.  This has been resolved.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply