cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the board format just get revamped again or is it me?

As of this morning my hover feature no longer works on thread titles, and I can't find many of the common links I used to navigate between the various boards.    I also can't find the announcements / knowledge base or whatever they called them.

Is it just me?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@fern*wood

By any chance, is your browser window (or the window on your device) smaller than usual? 

If the window is too narrow, then the board reverts to a different format,the hover doesn't work on thread titles, and you have to click on the menu to get to the navigation links.

For example, my normal window size:

image.png

If I make the window narrower then it changes to this. I have to click on the Menu button (top left) to see the navigation options. The mouse-hover doesn't show a preview of the thread.

image.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I am not having that problem.

Could it be a browser thing? I'm using Firefox.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@fern*wood

looks like they did a make over, my pages are all strange today.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Afternoon SockMonkeyDave,

Time to come out of hanging upside down in the tree and sit normal in front of the monitor...ah see...things level out that way...

Mr C

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Firefox user here.   Hover feature is working fine.   I haven't noticed anything different here at all.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks guys for your responses.  I guess I'm just hanging upside down with sockmonkey today.  I'm using Firefox too,  but definitely weird looking for me.  It seems navigation always takes a hit when things are changed---maybe this is a temporary test or something.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Well Fern Thinking somethings up now.

Just went to the other popular post of the day and see the last post double posted but there was a 5 minute delay.

Also now when I go back to a post it does not take me to where I left off reading...but where I started reading earlier today so I have to scroll on down to current posts.

Thinking things are just getting back to ebay normal again...it was nice when things were arbitrarily working correctly for a bit.

Mr C

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@fern*woodwrote:

Thanks guys for your responses.  I guess I'm just hanging upside down with sockmonkey today.  I'm using Firefox too,  but definitely weird looking for me.  It seems navigation always takes a hit when things are changed---maybe this is a temporary test or something.

I am using Firefox as well.The hover feature is working for me at this time.

But I had the exact same issues that you describe in your OP happen to me last weekend, all weekend long. But, by Monday all was back to normal. I had assumed that they might be either running some test or are getting ready to make  some changes here shortly.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@fern*wood

@fern*woodwrote:

I am using Crome or what ever it is called.

The ebay splash ads seem to be larger.

No real change in the site.

Some intern just put a new coat of paint on the old girl.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@fern*wood

By any chance, is your browser window (or the window on your device) smaller than usual? 

If the window is too narrow, then the board reverts to a different format,the hover doesn't work on thread titles, and you have to click on the menu to get to the navigation links.

For example, my normal window size:

image.png

If I make the window narrower then it changes to this. I have to click on the Menu button (top left) to see the navigation options. The mouse-hover doesn't show a preview of the thread.

image.png

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Man, are you good!!  That was it, well mine was actually larger, but the outcome was the same.  I hadn't even noticed that, but when I sized it down a bit I'm back in business.

Thanks so much.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@sockmonkeydavewrote:

@fern*wood

@fern*woodwrote:

@sockmonkeydavewrote:

@fern*wood

@fern*woodwrote:

Instead of a little black dress.  

I know, I'm sorry!Smiley SadSmiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
latest reply