cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Platform Updates

Hi Community, 

We’re very excited to share the details about a host of improvements that are making their way to the Community platform this morning.  

Here’s what's new:

• Redesigned navigation menu on desktop that reduces clutter while introducing Additional Resources links
  • Accessibility compliant homepage carousel banner
  • Community Mentor program overview & application page
    • Profile badges to reward our Community Mentors
  • Meetup page, showcasing in-person eBay meetups across the country
  • Product Expert program overview & application page  

We hope that these updates make your Community experience even more enjoyable and we’ll continue to work hard to bring your feedback and suggestions to life in future updates to the platform.

If you have feedback or questions related to the updates, please let us know on our Community Platform Feedback board.  

Thanks for being an eBay Community member,

The eBay Community Team

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I'm excited to hear about the new Community Mentor and Product Expert programs. .....

What are they? 

VintageCarMagazines

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

On the product experts program, under the title latest updates, "the now accepting applicatons" is misspelled.

here is what is in the banner....

Now accepting applicantions!

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Does the Community have new background colors behind the posts/threads...or am I losing my mind?  Smiley Tongue

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@roadking5555 wrote:

On the product experts program, under the title latest updates, "the now accepting applicatons" is misspelled.

here is what is in the banner....

Now accepting applicantions!

Oh no!

Thanks for the heads-up on this one, @roadking5555. We've updated the text. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Does the Community have new background colors behind the posts/threads...or am I losing my mind?  Smiley Tongue

That's right, @hidy-hoo. We've flipped the colors, so it's a white background with grey around the text components. We made this change to align with eBay's brand guidelines. 

Thanks. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@hidy-hoo wrote:

That's right, @hidy-hoo. We've flipped the colors, so it's a white background with grey around the text components. We made this change to align with eBay's brand guidelines. 

Thanks. 

Great decision as this change makes it so much easier on the eyes when reading!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I'm especially enamored of the big drop-down box that appears every time I move my touch-pad mouse across the row of Homes/Seller News/Knowledge Base/Discussions/Groups text, obscuring everything else on the screen. Of course, I do still have that little 1/4" to try to squeeze my mouse into at the bottom of my screen in order for that meddlesome box to go away.

Why do designers think those drop-down and drop-up boxes are a good idea? I think they're the worst design feature since, well, I don't even know when. Frames, maybe? What purpose do they serve?

Harumph.
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
I'm especially enamored of the big drop-down box that appears every time I move my touch-pad mouse across the row of Homes/Seller News/Knowledge Base/Discussions/Groups text, obscuring everything else on the screen. Of course, I do still have that little 1/4" to try to squeeze my mouse into at the bottom of my screen in order for that meddlesome box to go away.

Why do designers think those drop-down and drop-up boxes are a good idea? I think they're the worst design feature since, well, I don't even know when. Frames, maybe? What purpose do they serve?

Harumph.

☹️

We mirroring the category navigation design from the marketplace homepage. It's the same experience. Sorry to hear you don't like it. 

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

I definitely like the updates. I am curious what the 'Mentors applications tracking' link on the mentors page is for. It went to a blank page when clicked. Also, do we have to post with out selling or buying id to become a mentor? It says "Post using your eBay trading ID"

Is this going to be like the old days where people bought some cheap stuff on their posting id just so it would let them post more than 10 times a day? 🙂

https://bio.link/langs
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@*coins wrote:

I definitely like the updates. I am curious what the 'Mentors applications tracking' link on the mentors page is for. It went to a blank page when clicked. Also, do we have to post with out selling or buying id to become a mentor? It says "Post using your eBay trading ID"

Is this going to be like the old days where people bought some cheap stuff on their posting id just so it would let them post more than 10 times a day? 🙂

Hi @*coins,

That link should not be appearing there; we'll get it removed. You do need to post with your trading ID to join the Mentor program, that's why we've listed it in the requirements. We review every application we receive, so if users are gaming any of the requirements, they will not be accepted. 

Thank you. 

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Harumph.

Being a little older I like to have my font size a little bigger for reading. Up to this AM I was always able to click on the heading and the use the side bar to scroll down to a category.

example, I click "Discussions" then scroll down to "Power Seller". now once I click "Discussions" it does not allow me to scroll down to click the power seller topic. I now have to reduce my font size too be able to see that category on my screen.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

May I ask what would be considered a 'trading id?'

Since I have 1 feedback on this id, would it be a trading id?

https://bio.link/langs
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

We mirroring the category navigation design from the marketplace homepage. It's the same experience. Sorry to hear you don't like it. 

LOL! And that's exactly why I never use the marketplace homepage! I use a discussion-board page or "My eBay" page to access the site. I'd even miss out on all the promotions if people didn't post a copy of them on the discussion boards. 

But, hey, that's just me . . . 

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Fortunately the damage is minimal, and it shouldn't take me too long to undo most of the "improvements".

Yes. Alan, I'm grumpy and don't like change for change's sake. grin
Message 15 of 27
latest reply