cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a message issues resolved

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Issues with cancelling a message have been resolved. Cancelling a new discussion post, and cancelling reply posts, now returns you to the current board, and not the community homepage.

If you see any continued issues with this, please let me know.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Thanks Doug
Just tested it & it is working grin

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks @labs118!

@labs118 wrote:

Thanks Doug
Just tested it & it is working grin

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

doug@ebay I just noticed something really weird about this.

Earlier today I canceled and it took me right back to the thread I was reading - great!

Just now I was writing a post, then I opened a different eBay Community link in another browser tab to reference, then I canceled the post. Instead of taking me back to the thread I was reading it took me to the page I had opened in another tab (which was still open, by the way).

Very weird and probably not what's supposed to happen...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

Earlier today I canceled and it took me right back to the thread I was reading - great!

Just now I was writing a post, then I opened a different eBay Community link in another browser tab to reference, then I canceled the post. Instead of taking me back to the thread I was reading it took me to the page I had opened in another tab (which was still open, by the way).

Hi @copper.boom

Wow! Good spot, I just replicated this. We'll open a ticket with Lithium to have them investigate. 

Thank you! 

CC doug@ebay

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@copper.boom wrote:

Hi @copper.boom

Wow! Good spot, I just replicated this. We'll open a ticket with Lithium to have them investigate. 

Thank you! 

CC doug@ebay

Hi @copper.boom

Lithium has advised that this behavior is expected in the scenario described. It is the result of how the application works with browser history, but it is not a bug and it is not unique to the Lithium application. They suggest that you could open another tab in Incognito mode to avoid this expected behavior.

Not ideal I know, but hopefully, you don't need to open tabs like this that often. 

Thanks. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the update Alan. If I need to open other pages then cancel a post I think I'll go with the back button instead of the cancel button. It will take me where I want to go. 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Sounds good, thanks @copper.boom!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply